GDT: 4/23/22 NY Islanders at Buffalo, 12:30pm MSG, ESPN+, WGR

jsb

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

It isn't. But we should enjoy the win and debate this next year. 

Just saying what he has said.  Maybe for him, in his coaching career, he's had quicker success with implementing defenses than offenses.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure if anyone listened/watched the Islander broadcast but Anson Carter said between the 2nd and 3rd period that the Islanders weren't skating and took the lowly Sabres lightly and that it was hard to get up for a team that doesn't hit and plays like a college team especially with the last 4 games of the season the NYI have against real playoff teams like Carolina, Washington and Tampa Bay. I was like holy doo doo dude, don't hold back or anything. His reputation just went down the toilet with me on that remark. 15-8-3 in the last 26 games and they weren't prepared for this team??

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

What does that even mean?

I'm not sure, it kind of shocked me when he said it because with him having a national voice, I thought he might say some good things on how the Sabres were playing lately. I don't catch many Islander games so I don't know if he's a host on their shows or what but the inference was they were playing a non-playoff team so the Islanders didn't seem to care.

Edited by jsb

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

What does that even mean?

It’s an interesting comment.  At least it is to me.

Id love for someone to ask Carter to expand upon that.  I’m inclined to not movk the comment before hearing it explained.

26 minutes ago, jsb said:

I'm not sure if anyone listened/watched the Islander broadcast but Anson Carter said between the 2nd and 3rd period that the Islanders weren't skating and took the lowly Sabres lightly and that it was hard to get up for a team that doesn't hit and plays like a college team especially with the last 4 games of the season the NYI have against real playoff teams like Carolina, Washington and Tampa Bay. I was like holy doo doo dude, don't hold back or anything. His reputation just went down the toilet with me on that remark. 15-8-3 in the last 26 games and they weren't prepared for this team??

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

Looked like the Islanders took the Sabres lightly to me too.

That's a team that we've found impossible to penetrate in recent years, and one that's flirted with a top 10 record in the back half of the season. Seemed easy tonight.

Yes, we are better, but unless the Islanders have fallen crazy hard, they've got a better game than that.

16 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

Are you blah blah blahing me??

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

That's a team that we've found impossible to penetrate in recent years, and one that's flirted with a top 10 record in the back half of the season. Seemed easy tonight.

Yes, we are better, but unless the Islanders have fallen crazy hard, they've got a better game than that.

Probably but that was a complete domination of an Islander team like we haven't seen in a long time. Plus the Islanders didn't appear to happy with the outcome late in that game either. Another note did anyone else notice that Fitzgerald wasn't seen on the ice after that 3rd goal by NY?? That's the 2nd time recently his bad play has gotten him pulled from the game with no return. 

In fact I don't think they were taking us lightly, I think they were completely surprised by the speed of the game we are now playing. There were quite a few if not cheap shots but close to it hits by Chara and other vets to our younger core that used to then get scared to play their game.

Edited by jsb

34 minutes ago, jsb said:

Tell Assnon that It will be fun passing the Islanders in the standings next year.  

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think they didn’t care anymore after being eliminated from the playoffs. They are 1-3-1 in their last 5 games. 

Just now, Pimlach said:

Tell Assnon that It will be fun passing the Islanders in the standings next year.  

Dang I wish you would have said something a little earlier, I just deleted his contact info on my iPhone.

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think they didn’t care anymore after being eliminated from the playoffs. They are 1-3-1 in their last 5 games. 

I agree with your observation that there was an indifferent attitude for an end of season game that has little meaning to the Islanders. There is no question that from an eye test the Sabres are an energized and motivated bunch. 

As others have previously stated we will have a better sense of where the Sabres actually rank next season when we "hopefully" play meaningful games where mistakes and good play are magnified within the context of meaningful playoff implication games. 

However one wants to look at this season one takeaway that is apparent is that players are getting better and the team is playing better. The extended good play has been for more than 20 games. That in itself is so encouraging. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.