GDT: 4/10/22 Sabres at Tampa 5pm MSG WGR550

Brawndo

After watching the past 5 games or so I really hope we upgrade our goaltender situation, Anderson clearly isn’t what he used to be. I’d also upgrade Hinistroza (I wanted them to re-sign him but he often is unnoticeable), obviously need 2RHD also. Also I have the exact same view Zof Casey Middlestadt that I did last season, he is often knocked off the puck, he is a turnover machine, doesn’t hustle nearly as hard as he should after said turnover and doesn’t score enough to make up for all the rest so hopefully he can be dealt for a legit goalie or RHD but those are just my opinions.

TB creates a loud, high energy, upbeat environ inside the arena… Very impressive… Gets the crowd into it… Never been to Key Bank Center… guessing it is much the same…  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Maybe they can get the mojo back against the Maple Queefs

Hope so… Power’s first game… in front of family and friends… 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

When this team doesn't show up they REALLY don't show up. Reminded me of the Oilers game.

For all the shortcomings that fans understand and accept that this team has, no-showing for games should not be one of them.

This team has been shut out under Granato way too many times.

1 hour ago, Believer said:

TB creates a loud, high energy, upbeat environ inside the arena… Very impressive… Gets the crowd into it… Never been to Key Bank Center… guessing it is much the same…  

It’s not.  Maybe it was in the Briere/Drury era but it’s one of the quieter venues in my experience.  

The current arena is not as intimate as The Aud.  The seats are farther away. 

1 hour ago, GoPuckYourself said:

After watching the past 5 games or so I really hope we upgrade our goaltender situation, Anderson clearly isn’t what he used to be. I’d also upgrade Hinistroza (I wanted them to re-sign him but he often is unnoticeable), obviously need 2RHD also. Also I have the exact same view Zof Casey Middlestadt that I did last season, he is often knocked off the puck, he is a turnover machine, doesn’t hustle nearly as hard as he should after said turnover and doesn’t score enough to make up for all the rest so hopefully he can be dealt for a legit goalie or RHD but those are just my opinions.

Agree. Hope we sign Levi or Portillo. Everyone will be better. 

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Are we bad again?

We are a team that has played a brutal schedule over the last month and was wrapping up a road trip against 3 of the top 5 teams in the league. Other than the EDM game a few weeks back, the boys have been beating good teams, and if they weren't winning they were keeping it very close. I think they're worn out and we saw it on the ice today. We were due.

That said, we are still a ways off from being in the same discussion of the Carolinas and Floridas and Tampas. We gave a foundation, but there's still work to do. The worst thing that could come from their performance the past several weeks is the fans expecting that this team is reaching its end state and is ready to compete with the big boys for the long haul. They're not. Yet.

Edited by HumanSlinky39

53 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It’s not.  Maybe it was in the Briere/Drury era but it’s one of the quieter venues in my experience.

Then KA needs to hire whatever outfit designed and produced the TB audio/video soundboards and displays… and a high energy contemporary organist…  Game drivers… Game changers… 

2 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

After watching the past 5 games or so I really hope we upgrade our goaltender situation, Anderson clearly isn’t what he used to be.

Umm, did anyone actually seriously think he was?

That game was like a big collection of them doing everything they have done badly the last several years with absolutely nothing redeeming. 

Bad D, bad team play, lack of effort, soft, just a pile of rubbish. 

I thought both teams were terrible today. It was a really bad hockey game.

Every opportunity was the result of a sloppy play by the other team. They scored on their chances. We didn’t.

Meh. Glad I was mostly listening to tunes and only watching with one eye.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.