GDT: 4/10/22 Sabres at Tampa 5pm MSG WGR550

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to GDT: 4/10/22 Sabres at Tampa 5pm MSG WGR550
  • nfreeman pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Can someone explain to me why power can't play today and Tuesday?

I’ll try ….

ya see … KA and DG probably want him to practice with the team a couple times before getting in the lineup. Plus, they probably want him to not play a few days coming off of playing an intense few games. Plus, no one (of importance in this scenario) wants to rush him in the lineup.

You probably don’t like that answer, but that’s all I got 😬

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Can someone explain to me why power can't play today and Tuesday?

He needs a US Work Visa. The contract was signed on Friday/Saturday with the paperwork for the Visa being filed shortly afterwards.  The Visa probably won’t be issued until the early part of next week

He can play in Toronto as He is Canadian 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He needs a US Work Visa. The contract was signed on Friday/Saturday with the paperwork for the Visa being filed shortly afterwards.  The Visa probably won’t be issued until the early part of next week

That makes sense 

Thank you 

2 minutes ago, Stads said:

Is Cody "I'm only halfway decent at faceoffs" Eakin in the lineup again? I realize he's a good guy in the locker room and helped RJ onto the ice, but this needs to stop

He’s going to be for the remainder of the season.  I’d concentrate my efforts on hoping the Sabres don’t sign him to another deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Oh so now facts are important? 

angry GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

Come on boys, let's show Power as he watches his first game as a Sabre, his new team's culture of hard work, sacrifice, no egos, and iron will to never give up and do whatever it takes to win.

#MusketeerWallop

https://giphy.com/gifs/season-11-the-simpsons-11x5-l2Jebo1xw1t9yxkgo

Edited by Jävə Keith

35 minutes ago, inkman said:

He’s going to be for the remainder of the season.  I’d concentrate my efforts on hoping the Sabres don’t sign him to another deal. 

Oh my god is that a realistic option? You're scaring me right now 

• Haha (+1) 1

• This is the third and final meeting between the Sabres and Lightning this season. 
• Last meeting: Tampa Bay defeated Buffalo 6-1 in Buffalo on Jan. 11. 
• The Sabres are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games against the Lightning; 2-7-1 on the road. 

• This is the 109th game all-time between Buffalo and Tampa Bay; Buffalo has a 56-43-9 series record. • • The Sabres are 29-21-4 on the road against the Lightning all-time.
• 23 of the last 26 meetings between Buffalo and Tampa Bay have been decided in regulation, including each of the last six contests.

• Tage Thompson and Jeff Skinner have both reached the 30-goal plateau this season. 
• It is the 23rd time in Sabres history the team has had at least two players score 30 or more goals. 
• Before this season, the last Sabres duo to reach 30 goals in the same season was Thomas Vanek (32) and Drew Stafford (31) during the 2010-11 campaign. 

• If Thompson and Skinner both reach the 35-goal mark, they would become the 13th Sabres teammates to do so in a season and the first since Vanek (43) and Chris Drury (37) in 2006-07. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.