A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position

Crusader1969

I participate in this thread because the Sabres benefit from Vegas not making the playoffs.  Not because I hate Jack, I don't hate anyone.  

I blame the poorly executed Tank on Pegula and the people he hired, trusted, and listened to.  Not at all on Jack.  I blame the last 11 years on Pegula for hiring such poor GMs and interfering in hockey business when he should have known better.   I am a Truman fan, the buck stops with Terry and Kim.  

I had nothing against Jack as a person, even though I heard things about him directly from credible sources, things describing what a jerky guy he can be.    

Jacks interview after the loss to Buffalo in Buffalo sealed the deal for me.  I don't want Vegas to have any success with Jack and Lehner there.   

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Who thinks Eichel will end up in Boston within 3 years? I do.

Yes.  I think Vegas, if healthy and if they had legit goaltending (not Lehner), could make a run but even if they do I don't see them going all they way. 

In 3 years I see them being old and in need of a rebuild.   Jack to Boston is possible.  

8 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

https://twitter.com/search?q=Eichel&src=trend_click&f=live&vertical=trends

Yikes! Vegas fans starting to turn on Eichel already. Waiting for his return to Vegas post game speech when he is in Boston.😛

This is hilarious

20220419_112544.jpg

I can't stop laughing 

Edited by Norcal
  • Haha (+1) 2

Every Sabres fan should want Jacky Boy to play poorly so he doesn't help them and the pick the Sabres get from Vegas is the highest possible.  How is this even a discussion?

The biggest regret is they didn't trade him before he got injured, which lowered his compensation.

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes.  I think Vegas, if healthy and if they had legit goaltending (not Lehner), could make a run but even if they do I don't see them going all they way. 

In 3 years I see them being old and in need of a rebuild.   Jack to Boston is possible.  

Agree Vegas has a limited window to win with their current roster.  With respect to Jack, I see him in Boston in 2026/2027 no matter what, as he will be a UFA and still in his 20's. 

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I kind of hope so.  It will be so much easier for the Sabres to get psyched up for the games with them.

I mean they should be able to get up for asshats like Marchand but I guess if you have never played against him or only a couple times you don’t get “curmudgeon standing in line at the grocery store behind a woman counting pennies for the cashier or worse yet, writing a check” energy.  

Edited by inkman

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

Who thinks Eichel will end up in Boston within 3 years? I do.

Assuming they overpay.  Otherwise his next contact is to the highest bidder.  Don’t forget the first rule of John Eichel. (No, it’s not don’t talk about John Eichel)….
 “Listen, my number one interest and my number one goal is Jack Eichel, you know what I mean?”

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

Assuming they overpay.  Otherwise his next contact is to the highest bidder.  Don’t forget the first rule of John Eichel. (No, it’s not don’t talk about John Eichel)….
 “Listen, my number one interest and my number one goal is Jack Eichel, you know what I mean?”

He will still be on his current contract in three years.

(He'll have one more year coming, UFA in fall of 2026)

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

https://twitter.com/search?q=Eichel&src=trend_click&f=live&vertical=trends

Yikes! Vegas fans starting to turn on Eichel already. Waiting for his return to Vegas post game speech when he is in Boston.😛

From a reply:

That may be true, but right now this has nothing to do with Eichel. He’s been fine

JACK EICHEL WILL BE FINE

32 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

I maintain that calling a person by a name they don't prefer is pure a**holery. I'm not picking on you directly, this goes for all the people that do it.

17 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I very much enjoyed that one reply: "Lehner's controller disconnected."

This needs one of the videos like Ovie.

P4ovjdi.gif

20 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

What if Boston doesn't want him?  Who would?

I think right about now Boston would evaluate that he is not a Bruin type player.  Like Joe Thornton.

Maybe that changes by the time his contract is up.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

To be fair, we are all ripping on Jack’s play helping our draft position but our former goalie is doing his part too.😳

Wow. The fact that he had no clue that the puck went by him and in the net is especially hilarious.

I wonder if Lehner will try to blame that on the Sabres . . . . 

Just heard that Lehner had a death in the family.  No wonder the funky goals happened -- his head is not in the right place.  But Lehner should not have played last night.

My condolences to him and his family.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Just heard that Lehner had a death in the family.  No wonder the funky goals happened -- his head is not in the right place.  But Lehner should not have played last night.

My condolences to him and his family.

I'd read that he left a recent road trip to attend to a family emergency. Is there more news?

FWIW, stories of pro athletes playing lights out in the face of a family member's death are legion -- the one that comes to mind is a game where Chris Paul dropped 61 and intentionally missed a free throw at the end in order to honour his deceased loved one. 

Of course, YMMV. Everyone is different.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.