A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position

Crusader1969

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Dallas plays possum vs Carolina, gets outshot 47-15 but behind some stellar goaltending by Wedgewood win in shoot-out 

Vegas now 3 points out of the playoffs heading into game vs Nashville tonight

Dallas has 2 games in hand 

Dallas has 4 games in hand after Vegas plays tonight.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Wouldn't it be nice to someday be able to be happy with our success instead of someone else's lack of.

The better draft pick reason to root for Vegas to lose aside, we could win the cup tomorrow and I’d still enjoy rooting against that masshole. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

The better draft pick reason to root for Vegas to lose aside, we could win the cup tomorrow and I’d still enjoy rooting against that masshole. 

So you’re flexing that you can do two things at the same time?

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Ummm, I’ll assume you dont know Sabres have the Knights 1st rounder. ?

I'm well aware of that. But the title of the thread is about 1 person, not the team or draft pick.  You obviously were speaking of Eichel, not the draft pick.

I'd be thrilled with getting another high pick.

6 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

No, not if we have their draft pick.

The thread is not about the draft pick, it's about Eichel possibly missing the playoffs again. Just like the Sabres.

• Thanks (+1) 2

Vegas’ upcoming stretch of games will make or break their season.  Their next 7 games are against non-playoff teams.  After that their opponents get more difficult.  

image.thumb.jpeg.d895b23a913f52cd5439d35637fc5d01.jpeg

Among those 7 games are 3 against Vancouver, who they are neck and neck with for 9th/10th in the west right now.

I think Vegas needs to win minimum of 5 of these next 7 to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Sorry using my Canadian math !

You are using NS grammar too.

Where else will you find a world famous lighthouse in a little town named after Peggy's Cove with out the *'* ??  Only in Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada.

You need to edit the title, my friend, and add the *'* to mans.  I do believe that @inkman will be proud of his student of the goodly grammar (that's me).

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Ummm, I’ll assume you dont know Sabres have the Knights 1st rounder. ?

The pick is top 10 protected in 2022... so best case the pick defers to next season and it turns into a lottery ball for Bedard/Michkov.    

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

You are using NS grammar too.

Where else will you find a world famous lighthouse in a little town named after Peggy's Cove with out the *'* ??  Only in Peggys Cove, Nova Scotia, Canada.

You need to edit the title, my friend, and add the *'* to mans.  I do believe that @inkman will be proud of his student of the goodly grammar (that's me).

Maybe there are just two Peggys and they don’t own it but just live there.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.