A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position

Crusader1969

4 hours ago, SDS said:

I said this a couple times, but I don’t think people are believing it much, but I’m watching almost every game and this guy is playing like hot garbage. He is a turnover machine who makes bad pass, after bad pass, after bad pass. He doesn’t shoot. He doesn’t set anyone up. He just gets the puck and manages to find the least likely person able to receive a pass and the play goes the other way.

Bad passes are reflected in his primary and secondary assist numbers plummeting. 

Wonder if it's related to scanning the ice and looking around... aka his neck.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Just wanted to point out that ut was Eichel's turnover at the Caps blueline which led directly to Ovechkin's 50th.

The game might’ve been over when he fell backwards on his ass in OT but just managed to sweep the puck away.

Dallas plays the Kraken tomorrow who will be on their 3rd game in 4 nights and on a back to back. They literally have to win that game at home. They would then play Vegas at home. I think if they were to win both of those games, that would really put a major dent in the Vegas' attempts to make the playoffs. Further more, Dallas has a game against Arizona as well (must win obviously).

Vegas plays the Sharks who have beaten several notable teams and can't be overlooked. They have a game against Chicago which I would hope they would win because Chicago sucks. They finish against the Blues who are playing pretty good and that's a tough ask. 

If Vegas can beat the Sharks and Chicago but lose to St Louis, that Dallas matchup game is really important as Dallas should be able to beat Arizona and Seattle. If ROW is still the tiebreaker, Dallas has one extra ROW over Vegas currently. 

Basically I think the team that wins the Dallas v Vegas matchup is in. 

ps. Vancouver has the Flames and Oilers in their future and are already 4 points back. I think they are done. 

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Not so fast 

I love this quote....allow me to paraphrase.....cut the ***** and get your ass on the ice dude....thanks, Pete

I am not poking fun at his mental state and do not know to what extent Lehner is injured

• Like (+1) 1

I just checked the LVGK page on hfboards.  Lehner is out for a 2nd maintenance day.  They are running their practises with their other goaltender and an "EBUG", which I presume stands for, "emergency back-up goalkeeper."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

OK, so tonight we have:

Seattle at Dallas — this is the big one, as Dallas is 2 points ahead of Vegas  and each team has 4 games left

Vancouver at Calgary — Vancouver also has 4 games left and is 2 pts behind Vegas

Anaheim at LA

Predators play as well, currently losing to Tampa. Nashville just needs to win 2 of their last 5 and they would win the tiebreaker vs VGK.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Dallas is down 2-0 after the first to Seattle, who is playing their 3 game in four nights and traveled after last nights game 

They scored.... trail 2-1 now.

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

AND after they almost tied it up, a Dallas power play coming.

TIED UP.

• Like (+1) 1

I have say for non-Sabres broadcasters, the Dallas team is my favorite.  Josh Bogorad is a very good, no-nonsense play-by-play guy.  You know what's going on, even on radio (the team is both TV and radio).  Daryl Reaugh (the other "Razor") is a great combination of informed and goofy, providing good color commentary while keeping it light.

3-2 Dallas.

I will also say with regard to in-game experience, the Pantera DALLAS STARS fight song played after goals is just wilting to the other team and any of their fans in the arena (said as a Sabres fan who has endured it repeatedly).  When they play it, they crank it up PAST eleven.

• Like (+1) 1

Eichel is on a ~57 point pace over an 82 game season. Yes, some time is expected to shake off the rust, but he's not getting there. He has 2 points in his last 5 games and zilch in his last 3 when they REALLY need him to be producing. I've been saying it for a while now, VGK are going to end up with a serious case of buyer's remorse...especially when he starts sulking as the team around him still isn't enough to get anywhere. Hate to see it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.