Eichel’s Injury A Huge Concern per Peter DeBoer

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Eichel’s Injury A Huge Concern per Peter DeBoer
Just now, NAF said:

Obviously dunno if this has to do with the neck, but he was always an injury prone player -- definitely something to consider when reviewing the trade moving forward.

In one of the twitter threads, it said he took a pretty bad shot with the puck off of his arm.  I didn't see it so I don't know if its true, but it might be an explanation that would be non-neck related.

27 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Should he not play and Vegas wins without him.....doesn't mean much long term and it wouldn't mean hes a bad player....but a win in the first game without him will surely give fans something to joke about for a couple of days.

Stone has a miraculous recovery, comes off LTIR and the Knights go on a playoff-securing tear.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I think what he’s trying to say is that Stone is ready to come back and Jack is about to be Kucherov’d. 

That would not be a good look for the league.

Stone did not have surgery, just needed some recovery and rehab time. If he comes in hot, weeks before he was supposed to, red flags are going up. Does the league have the stomach to do anything about it?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

In one of the twitter threads, it said he took a pretty bad shot with the puck off of his arm.  I didn't see it so I don't know if its true, but it might be an explanation that would be non-neck related.

Earlier in that game he supposedly took a shot around the neck and shoulder and left the game for about a period.

4 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Nope, nothing. Not concerned at all. 

So do we have a bit of misdirection here?

I don't know, man. It looked like a pretty hard shot right to the hand. I would think broken fingers more than wrist.

11 minutes ago, gilbert11 said:

Earlier in that game he supposedly took a shot around the neck and shoulder and left the game for about a period.

He played over 11 minutes and got hit in hand the second period. There’s no way he missed a period getting hit in the neck.

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

That would not be a good look for the league.

Stone did not have surgery, just needed some recovery and rehab time. If he comes in hot, weeks before he was supposed to, red flags are going up. Does the league have the stomach to do anything about it?

But I don’t think there’s any public timetable for when Stone was supposed to come back. That said, the league has rules on LTIR. According to this article, Stone could’ve come back as early as March 10th. 

https://puckprose.com/2022/02/17/should-we-question-how-the-vegas-golden-knights-put-mark-stone-on-injured-reserve/amp/

So, if he were to come back next week, or even yesterday, it’s all within the confines of the LTIR rule. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.