Lol.....what a dick

Claude Balls

6 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

He came across as someone who can be 'coached' to say or do the right thing, but when he doesn't get his way and gets frustrated, a bit of an entitled/elitist attitude comes out.

So.... he's a dick, is that what you're saying?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I'd gotten away from hockey in the 1980s and in 1991 I moved to Detroit.  For the period I lived there I became a pretty big Red Wings fan.  The Wings lost the 1996 conference finals to the Avs in a series punctuated by Claude Lemieux literally breaking Kris Draper's face on the dasher on a dirty hit from behind.  The next season, in the final regular season game with the Avs, the Wings won a raucous back-and-forth game 6-5 in overtime, a game in which Darren McCarty beat the livin' snot outta Lemieux and also scored the winning goal in OT.  It was a turning point game, a game that launched the Red Wings dynasty.  They won the Cup that year and would repeat the following season, and add a couple more before the dynasty faded.

That's all background... but that game felt like this game.  The Sabres nemesis was not a team, though, but Jack Eichel and what he symbolizes- the years of Sabres futility, both leading up to his drafting, and in the years that followed.  I felt the Sabres exorcised demons tonight.  Eichel could have had a hat trick tonight and haunted the Sabres for years to come, but that's not how it played out.  The Eichel era is over.  A new era has come.  It was poetic that tradefruit Krebs put the Sabres up in the 1st period.  It was even more so when Alex Tuch stole the puck from Jack Eichel and sealed the game with an empty netter.  But it really didn't have to be them.  It just needed to be a solid team win against the Team of Eichel.  And it was.

Looking back on The Tank, many remember Buffalo fans cheering for an Arizona win to help cement a high draft pick in a season of futility.  That loss showed how far the Sabres had fallen.  We thought we "won" when we were assured of McDavid or at least Eichel.  But the curse of The Tank followed the team and in the end it was just never going to work with Eichel.  I think we will similarly look back at this game as the the game when the Sabres got their soul back, got their mojo back.  They will play out the string this year and probably not win that much, but this will be the game that signaled the end of the Eichel era and the beginning of a winning era for the Sabres.

Farewell, Jack, and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

6 minutes ago, K-9 said:

First Rayzer and now Craig?  They really didn't like Jack, did they?

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It shouldn't be a surprise....What can you say about brat boy?

Taking it out on the fans is bad. Do we really need to be sh** on by him? Haven't we had it bad enough?

NHL network announcers are a bunch of cowards for their coverage with one guy saying " I'd rather see a player speak his mind"

Really? The NHL has always had a "gag" order on its coaches and players. What a bunch of sh**!

Booing a player is part of the fan experience, get over it.  He is supposed to be professional.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Farewell, Jack, and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

First Rayzer and now Craig?  They really didn't like Jack, did they?

MAYBE....It is going to all come out now. All of the stories from behind the scenes about the disaster this really was.

• Like (+1) 5

I agree that Jack can be a very spoiled brat and I’m not sorry he’s gone.  I’m thrilled with the play and emotion Tuch and Krebs bring each night.  Tuch especially hates to lose and it’s evident each game but unlike Jack he doesn’t sulk.

However, I didn’t take his comments so negatively.  I thought it was an emotional lament from a guy who played hard here and never succeeded.  He never was fully embraced by the fans or his teammates (thanks ROR and Kane).  I think for a guy who has succeeded at ever level of hockey he played at and then failing here weighs on him terribly.  I truly believe he wanted to succeed in Buffalo and the organization really never gave him a legit opportunity to succeed.

Sadly Jack’s failures here belong to one person and that is Terry Pegula.  He and his incompetent organization dropped this kid in the deep end with weights tied to his legs.  I believe that if management had done a proper rebuild around Jack and Sam, we would be a playoff team today.  That would have meant bringing in good role models like KO and Pominville and not ROR, Kane, Bogo and Lehner.  

The Sabres today are a unified lockerroom pulling in the same direction as Anderson said tonight post game.  In Jack’s era it was a fractured locker room lead by a-holes.  Sadly Jack took his cues from the wrong vets.

• Like (+1) 5

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree that Jack can be a very spoiled brat and I’m not sorry he’s gone.  I’m thrilled with the play and emotion Tuch and Krebs bring each night.  Tuch especially hates to lose and it’s evident each game but unlike Jack he doesn’t sulk.

However, I didn’t take his comments so negatively.  I thought it was an emotional lament from a guy who played hard here and never succeeded.  He never was fully embraced by the fans or his teammates (thanks ROR and Kane).  I think for a guy who has succeeded at ever level of hockey he played at and then failing here weighs on him terribly.  I truly believe he wanted to succeed in Buffalo and the organization really never gave him a legit opportunity to succeed.

Sadly Jack’s failures here belong to one person and that is Terry Pegula.  He and his incompetent organization dropped this kid in the deep end with weights tied to his legs.  I believe that if management had done a proper rebuild around Jack and Sam, we would be a playoff team today.  That would have meant bringing in good role models like KO and Pominville and not ROR, Kane, Bogo and Lehner.  

The Sabres today are a unified lockerroom pulling in the same direction as Anderson said tonight post game.  In Jack’s era it was a fractured locker room lead by a-holes.  Sadly Jack took his cues from the wrong vets.

The fans never fully embraced Eichel? As a longtime suffering SHT, I find that comment just as insulting as Eichel’s. Jack’s failures aren’t his, but Pegula’s? The excuse train for Eichel and his own shortcomings is vomit inducing. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.