Alex Tuch Practicing Without Non Contact Jersey

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

A more likely outcome is the Kyle Okposo of this season.

Tuch's best season is 20 goals and 32 assists.

18 goals and 36 assists is what Kyle is pacing for this year.

The level of toughness and hard work is similar.

I think KO would have consistently been 25ish goals without JT, so I don’t think I am far off.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

I wish Sabre fans would show some restraint for Tuch the same way they are for Owen Power.

Guy is going to be a very nice piece, but I get the sense some people are anticipating the 2nd coming of Mike Foligno.

He is not going to score 30 and he’s not going to beat people up.

The way I look at the Tuck and Krebs addition from the Jack trade is not from an individual talent aspect. I view it more from a broader perspective with the hope that in the near future the talent base on this team is broadened. Jack is a special talent. And no player added to this roster is going to be individually better than he is, or come close to it. But by adding a number of pieces to compensate for the loss of a sterling piece the team will be better. 

As you accurately describe Tuch is a solid to good player, not a special player. But with more talent around him he will become an effective player for us. He is the type of player that our young players will benefit from because of how professionally he approaches the game. He is a step forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The way I look at the Tuck and Krebs addition from the Jack trade is not from an individual talent aspect. I view it more from a broader perspective with the hope that in the near future the talent base on this team is broadened. Jack is a special talent. And no player added to this roster is going to be individually better than he is, or come close to it. But by adding a number of pieces to compensate for the loss of a sterling piece the team will be better. 

As you accurately describe Tuch is a solid to good player, not a special player. But with more talent around him he will become an effective player for us. He is the type of player that our young players will benefit from because of how professionally he approaches the game. He is a step forward. 

Yes.

I hope that's the kind of expectation the majority of the fan base has for him.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I will honestly never associate Krebs, Tuch or the draft picks they got for him with Eichel.  Your post is the first time I’ve thought about him since. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I will honestly never associate Krebs, Tuch or the draft picks they got for him with Eichel.  Your post is the first time I’ve thought about him since. 

Same here.  For me, these guys don’t carry the baggage of who they replaced.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

On the other hand, when we got them, no one thought that Mike Peca or Stu Barnes would be special, but I view them as special players.  Maybe one of the guys becomes a special player like they were.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JohnC said:

Like, say, trading a Sammy Watkins or Marcel Dareus.

• Like (+1) 1

Tuch is going to be everything we've been missing, a power forward. He's going to bring a much needed element to this lineup. We don't need him fighting but he can dish out punishment, do all the dirty work along the boards, nobody is rushing him back, if the DRs believe he can go he's going to go and it will be fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, dudacek said:

I wish Sabre fans would show some restraint for Tuch the same way they are for Owen Power.

Guy is going to be a very nice piece, but I get the sense some people are anticipating the 2nd coming of Mike Foligno.

He is not going to score 30 and he’s not going to beat people up.

He’s going to beat up your grandma and ***** on your daddy’s grave 

On 12/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, inkman said:

There will be a segment of the fanbase that will make the association.  Unfortunately.  

Not with the players, for me. I don't hold ROR against Ryan Johnson. But the org/GM is always accountable, for me, though.

When I think of Tuch, I don't think of the comparison to Foligno at all. Honestly, I never had in my mind a player I would compare him to.

Maybe, MAYBE if you make me think about it, I would think a younger/Healthy Okposo level influence on this team, but still with a different skillset.

What I want from him is to be a player that gives consistent production in the offensive zone that outpaces any liabilities in the D-zone, is a high energy player, doesn't look like he ever takes a day off, and is an Okposo/Girgensons type leader.  Basically not a star or a superstar but that type of player that EVERY team would want and can slot into almost any roll needed.

Too high of expectations? Maybe....but that is the ceiling I am looking for.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Yeah, hopefully we’ll replace our defenseman who has 3 goals in our last 3 games.

I have been one of his biggest critics this year. He has had some really bad give aways that have ended up in the back of our own net. I believe he single-handedly gave away two games this year.  But, never once did I believe that he was the worst defensemen that night let alone our worst player. I will continue to critique his game and call him out when he makes bone head plays. BUT!!!! He is a great young defenseman.

He is special. We are watching him grow leaps and bounds this year. Don has been the best thing that could ever happen to him.  You have put it to mildly. Not only does he have 3 goals in the last 3 games but he has also been the best skater over that 3 game period.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.