Alex Tuch Practicing Without Non Contact Jersey

Brawndo

Apologies if this has been posted:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/alex-tuch-bubbling-with-excitement-ahead-of-long-awaited-sabres-debut/article_1e856aae-5e83-11ec-9da5-2b3c59767cbb.html

"Honestly, I think this is a team that’s built for speed and our systems are built for speed. That’s what I like to bring to the table, a big, strong, fast power forward. That’s my type of game, so I will fit right in here.” 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Tuch will be a great addition.  

Slowly keep the sauce simmering … then slowly add Tuch, Mitts, Quinn, Krebs, Peterka, Power, Samuelsson … it sure looks like Fitz and Murray want to stay up and compete and push for ice  … further out there  is Johnson, Portillo, Levi, Rosen, and a bunch of Russians that  should cycle through Rochester first.  Plus 3 more first rounders on the way …. 

Our sentence in Hockey Hell has been a long one but maybe, if we can just stop changing GMs and Coaches, this will work.  

I bet “slowly add” has a different meaning for certain fans 😂

For me, “slowly add” means over the course of 2-3 years after this season. Which I would agree with. Some I would suspect want “add all next season” to be the course of action. Impatience being a driving factor.

Edited by Zamboni

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I bet “slowly add” has a different meaning for certain fans 😂

For me, “slowly add” means over the course of 2-3 years after this season. Which I would agree with. Some I would suspect want “add all next season” to be the course of action. Impatience being a driving factor.

“Slowly add” means when the developing player has shown improvement and maturity in the AHL, and can make the NHL team better by inclusion on the roster.   Each player will have a unique timeline.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Tuch will be a great addition.  

Slowly keep the sauce simmering … then slowly add Tuch, Mitts, Quinn, Krebs, Peterka, Power, Samuelsson … it sure looks like Fitz and Murray want to stay up and compete and push for ice  … further out there  is Johnson, Portillo, Levi, Rosen, and a bunch of Russians that  should cycle through Rochester first.  Plus 3 more first rounders on the way …. 

Our sentence in Hockey Hell has been a long one but maybe, if we can just stop changing GMs and Coaches, this will work.  

Excellent post. The system is being restocked with young players who will be given the time to develop. How they rank will be determined on how they play. Internal competition at all levels will make the players betters and accelerate their development. What has enlarged the pool of young players is the return on our traded players, that included not only some good prospects but also draft assets that will keep the pipeline flowing.  

KA and his staff are in the process of rebuilding this roster. As a number of posters have pointed out it is mostly going to be an in-house rebuild that will not rely on expensive outside acquisitions. Not only is that occurring now but it is the wisest and most self-sustaining approach to take. As this franchise has already demonstrated taking short cuts with patchwork acquisitions ends up making the road to respectability more circuitous and longer. The plan is set; and the plan is being executed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.