GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7pm est, 11/6/2021

LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’m always leery of that first home game after a week out west, so I don’t expect much tonight. Maybe they’ll surprise me. 

Mighty weary

First Game Back is a good hockey cliche. I did some research a while back that somewhat discounted the notion. 

Still no Rick.

6 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

First Game Back is a good hockey cliche. I did some research a while back that somewhat discounted the notion. 

Still no Rick.

I’m not saying my leeriness about first game back is logical, rational, or founded on any well-researched analytic study. Hell, I’m leery watching these boys, regardless. 

Looking forward to Rick’s return. 

• Haha (+1) 1

• SDS pinned this topic
3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

5 straight games have been tough. Detroit is an interesting challenge, very beatable but they can be overwhelmingly fast and they have some real offensive skill. If the Sabres look good tonight, it might say a lot about how important match-ups will be this season 

Teams coming off west coast road trips have an awful record in their first home game as well 

• Like (+1) 1

Val James night isn't going to feel right unless we have at least one fight. 🙂

Two teams kind of in the same will they won't they start to climb up from the bottom yet phase. Both kind of similar. 

More important to me than win or lose is no excuse not to see that high energy and effort we were promised by Kyle and Don and others and not that tired boring disinterested quit we saw at the end of the road trip. 

Bottom line, if we have to sit through years of development the least we should get as fans is some effort and excitement. Drive the net, dive for a puck, get in people's way, block shots, hit somebody, just give'er as they say on the prairies. Show me you care so I can care about you. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.