GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7pm est, 11/6/2021

LGR4GM

8 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

If we land Shane Wright or Brad Lambert in the upcoming draft it will speed up the process for sure. Wright/Lambert, Krebs, Jack Quinn, JJ Peterka, Casey Middlestadt, Owen Power, UPL, Victor Olofsson and Dylan Cozens should be an interesting lineup.

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Wright yes, Lambert idk.   In no way shape or form are they equivalent, or even close. 

So ya, we will probably get 2nd pick and F it up. 

7 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I don't think you can go wrong with either player imo, no Lambert isn't as gifted but he's an elite skater with an excellent shot, I'd say he's a faster Patrick Laine. 

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I have to see more and research more but I'm not sold on Lambert. I like Miroshnichenko better and, although again I need to look deeper, I kind of like Conor Geekie. 

Wakes up. Sees this. 

I love the smell drafts in the morning

• Haha (+1) 1

While the outcome definitely stunk, it was still fun to be at for the most part.

In the 2nd & 1st 13 or so minutes of the 3rd they did a much better job of taking away space from the Wings than they were doing on the road trip.  They also were doing a better job of having somebody in front of the net but aren't where they were on that front prior to the road trip.

Darn shame Cozens' deflection early in the 2nd didn't go in.  Catching a break like that might finally get him to stop gripping the stick so tight.

That they were playing a very bad Detroit team & couldn't hold onto the lead late is frustrating.

R2 Rou2 continued that really good play around the other team's net.  Really want to see him in Asplund's role on the top PP unit.  He won't be great at the screens, but neither is Asplund, but expect he'll be OK at that. But his hand - eye coordination is fantastic & he'll deflect a lot of pucks in & he'll get to a lot of trash other guys aren't quick enough to get.

Missed the 1st goal of the night as the beer line was very slow.  They're still having issues w/ their scanners & if the building ever fills back up again the concession lines will be brutal.

That 2nd Wings goal highlighted the danger with trying that high pressure coverage, the Wings did a lot of crossing up high & eventually Okposo lost his man which set up the tic-tac-toe passing as Sabres got out of position trying to cover for the breakdown.

Nothing really to say about that 3rd Detroit goal other than, wow, was Dahlin ever on his heels.  If he's going to stay in the lineup, and he will, they have to let him play with Hagg preferably or Pysyk.  He needs to have somebody he trusts to cover should he step up & miss the play.  He has to have confidence he can step into the skater & win the battle.  He doesn't have that at all now.

Tokarski played well & deserved a better fate.

Looking forward to attending the Eulers game to watch the magician.  Been a while since seeing him in person.  But that game is going to be ugggggly.

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

While the outcome definitely stunk, it was still fun to be at for the most part.

In the 2nd & 1st 13 or so minutes of the 3rd they did a much better job of taking away space from the Wings than they were doing on the road trip.  They also were doing a better job of having somebody in front of the net but aren't where they were on that front prior to the road trip.

Darn shame Cozens' deflection early in the 2nd didn't go in.  Catching a break like that might finally get him to stop gripping the stick so tight.

That they were playing a very bad Detroit team & couldn't hold onto the lead late is frustrating.

R2 Rou2 continued that really good play around the other team's net.  Really want to see him in Asplund's role on the top PP unit.  He won't be great at the screens, but neither is Asplund, but expect he'll be OK at that. But his hand - eye coordination is fantastic & he'll deflect a lot of pucks in & he'll get to a lot of trash other guys aren't quick enough to get.

Missed the 1st goal of the night as the beer line was very slow.  They're still having issues w/ their scanners & if the building ever fills back up again the concession lines will be brutal.

That 2nd Wings goal highlighted the danger with trying that high pressure coverage, the Wings did a lot of crossing up high & eventually Okposo lost his man which set up the tic-tac-toe passing as Sabres got out of position trying to cover for the breakdown.

Nothing really to say about that 3rd Detroit goal other than, wow, was Dahlin ever on his heels.  If he's going to stay in the lineup, and he will, they have to let him play with Hagg preferably or Pysyk.  He needs to have somebody he trusts to cover should he step up & miss the play.  He has to have confidence he can step into the skater & win the battle.  He doesn't have that at all now.

Tokarski played well & deserved a better fate.

Looking forward to attending the Eulers game to watch the magician.  Been a while since seeing him in person.  But that game is going to be ugggggly.

You said much of what I was thinking. Aside from the collapse, I feel like I saw some of that early season Sabres energy return. The R2 goal was satisfying. It's been a while since we've seen a Sabre score a dirty effort goal like that.

Dahlin was appallingly bad. To the point other teams will target him as a weak link. He needs to sit a game or two. Or maybe Granato could try him at forward? He's a total liability on defense right now.

We are wasting decent goaltending. Early in the season we were very locked down on our own end. Now I'm seeing us getting bottled up, a downward spiral leading to goals.

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You said much of what I was thinking. Aside from the collapse, I feel like I saw some of that early season Sabres energy return. The R2 goal was satisfying. It's been a while since we've seen a Sabre score a dirty effort goal like that.

Dahlin was appallingly bad. To the point other teams will target him as a weak link. He needs to sit a game or two. Or maybe Granato could try him at forward? He's a total liability on defense right now.

We are wasting decent goaltending. Early in the season we were very locked down on our own end. Now I'm seeing us getting bottled up, a downward spiral leading to goals.

I don’t see how his skill set makes him an NHL forward.  Unless you are looking for a guy that can hold onto the puck in the corner for a while. 

15 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Lack of talent was obvious. 

Dahlin lost his legs in the 3rd. 

This team needs the 6. Power, Quinn, JJ, Krebs, Mitts, Olofsson 

I can't agree with you more. I'm a bit baffled by the angst in this thread, did anyone expect anything different this year?? On top of a lack of talent on the present team you take out 3 of your top 8 players and this is what you get. This is what you can expect this year until the Olympics/trade deadline is done and you'll start to see next years team with the players you mentioned plus Samuelsson and Tuch. This team isn't going to turn it around until the 23-24 season and then you start to put expectations on this franchise, until then you're just living in a fantasy world that this is a playoff team or could be if only Cozens and Dahlin would miraculously develop faster. And yes I've been watching the team the past 10 years also and for the first time I think they're finally on the correct path to redemption. 

Edited by jsb
typing errors
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, jsb said:

I can't agree with you more. I'm a bit baffled by the angst in this thread, did anyone expect anything different this year?? On top of a lack of talent on the present team you take out 3 of your top 8 players and this is what you get. This is what you can expect this year until the Olympics/trade deadline is done and you'll start to see next years team with the players you mentioned plus Samuelsson and Tuch. This team isn't going to turn it around until the 23-24 season and then you start to put expectations on this franchise, until then you're just living in a fantasy world that this is a playoff team or could be if only Cozens and Dahlin would miraculously develop faster. And yes I've been watching the team the past 10 years also and for the first time I think they're finally on the correct path to redemption. 

Good take. Personally I sometimes forget the path KA has set us on and expect better from a group that hasn’t got the pieces. I’ve got to look for the positives and enjoy the process. 

46 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Good take. Personally I sometimes forget the path KA has set us on and expect better from a group that hasn’t got the pieces. I’ve got to look for the positives and enjoy the process. 

Its way too early to think that this team is on the right path. When your 1st overall is playing like a 4.4/10 and you have pretty much an ahl roster it is almost a sad thing to have a good attitude at this point. The negativity is  healthy .

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.