Potential Sabres deadline moves(sellers)…

LabattBlue

Forsberg is available and actively being shopped by Nashville.

Next year might be about a year too early for any real chance at the playoffs and would cost a huge overpay but I'd love to see Forsberg in a Sabres uniform. 

Additionally, both Trochek in Carolina and Forsberg are coming up on UFA this off season.

It's much too much to ask and highly unlikely but IF I could i'd have them both in Sabres Blue and Gold next season. 

20 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Next year might be about a year too early for any real chance at the playoffs and would cost a huge overpay but I'd love to see Forsberg in a Sabres uniform. 

Additionally, both Trochek in Carolina and Forsberg are coming up on UFA this off season.

It's much too much to ask and highly unlikely but IF I could i'd have them both in Sabres Blue and Gold next season. 

Depends on cost but i could see it only if they would sign for 3-4 years... both guys getting up there... so depends on send bk

1 hour ago, Norcal said:

Can we toss 9 million at him please 

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I think Bjork could get waived and sent to Rochester and Asplund could become the 13th forward.  Vinnie is better than both of them.

I agree that Vinnie is better the Bjork by a wide margin.  If you go back to last off-season thread, Vinnie was one of the guys I had on my list for value acquisitions by the Sabres.  I was very glad that they signed him.  

I would much rather keep Vinnie then Bjork.  I never wanted Bjork in the first place.  However, KA doesn't seem like a guy to dump signed players or bury them in the AHL.  Bjork has no trade value and Asplund is under contract for 830K.  I expect both players back next season.  Remember this isn't me playing GM, but me trying to predict what KA is going to do.  

Given his goal to let the kids play, to not block the prospects and to add assets to the organization, I find it much more likely that KA trades Vinnie for a decent pick then re-sign him.

4 hours ago, Norcal said:

Andy Strickland is full of *****. Poile is not "actively shopping" him. 

Would anyone reach out to the Coyotes and ask about Jakob Chychrun?  I know he's a LD but i was not happy when we didn't draft him when we could've.  Would #37, the Vegas 1st round pick, and something in next year's draft or another young player begin the conversation with the Coyotes.  He seems to fit KA's mold - good young player who is under control for the next couple years at a reasonable salary.

1 minute ago, IvanPutski said:

Would anyone reach out to the Coyotes and ask about Jakob Chychrun?  I know he's a LD but i was not happy when we didn't draft him when we could've.  Would #37, the Vegas 1st round pick, and something in next year's draft or another young player begin the conversation with the Coyotes.  He seems to fit KA's mold - good young player who is under control for the next couple years at a reasonable salary.

He will be moved to the highest bidder and the Sabres have the pieces.

Seth Jones went for roughly the equivalent of two 1sts and Adam Boqvist. 

Are you prepared to give up, say, Rosen, Peterka and next year’s 1st for another LHD?

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Are you prepared to give up, say, Rosen, Peterka and next year’s 1st for another LHD?

Not Peterka but I'd be willing to part with Rosen.  I'm just looking to add better players regardless of how they shoot.

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

No. Mostly because I wouldn't be willing to trade Peterka. 

On 2/24/2022 at 3:55 PM, thewookie1 said:

I wonder if Hellebuck would be on the block if the Jets miss?

Highly unlikely.

2 more seasons at 6.17m.. Something like a 1st, 2nd and 4th in Vezina voting in the last 4 years.

Chevy has Scheif's, Wheeler's and Helle's contracts all ending at the same time. The team was/is expected to win in this window...are a cap team and are not going to make the playoffs this year. 

I honestly have no idea what he will do but trading Helle is probably the 2nd most unlikely behind PLD.

Edited by Ducky

On 2/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, thewookie1 said:

I wonder if Hellebuck would be on the block if the Jets miss?

2 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Highly unlikely.

2 more seasons at 6.17m.. Something like a 1st, 2nd and 4th in Vexina voting in the last 4 years.

Chevy has Scheif's, Wheeler's and Helle's contracts all ending at the same time. The team was/is expected to win in this window...are a cap team and are not going to make the playoffs this year. 

I honestly have no idea what he will do but trading Helle is probably the 2nd most unlikely behind PLD.

No. Goalies are notoriously tricky from one year to the next, but Hellebuyck has been good-to-great since coming into the league. You don't trade a franchise goalie who is only now coming into his prime in his late 20s. And he's not even all that expensive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

No. Goalies are notoriously tricky from one year to the next, but Hellebuyck has been good-to-great since coming into the league. You don't trade a franchise goalie who is only now coming into his prime in his late 20s. And he's not even all that expensive.

I agree, even though he is having a below average year.

His play this year exposed some weaknesses that his stellar play has hid in the past.

I will say though, I don't see him re-signing with a Canadian team and he definitely won't re-sign here. No way Chevy is going to give him what he wants/deserves.

Edited by Ducky

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I will say though, I don't see him re-signing with a Canadian team and he definitely won't re-sign here. No way Chevy is going to give him what he wants/deserves.

Interesting, interesting. In his age 31 season he's a UFA... when the cap might just begin to bloom again. I could see a team throwing $8M+ at a top-flight goalie for age 31-37 seasons (MAF- or Price-style). It shouldn't be the Sabres, of course, as any of UPL, Portillo, or Levi would only just be coming into their RFA contract of 1st UFA contract.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.