Potential Sabres deadline moves(sellers)…

LabattBlue

Right I'm more the latter myself, bring him home for a chance at late career playoff heroics. Maybe. 

24 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Agree. There’s just no value of Kane to a team this young…especially if you have to give up assets to obtain him.  The Hawks would be doing him an injustice.  

A two year deal next offseason as a UFA for reasonable money to take the heat off of Quinn & Skinner? I’ll consider it.

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

Right I'm more the latter myself, bring him home for a chance at late career playoff heroics. Maybe. 

I don’t hate it. 
There was a time that his maturity was in question and it was a non-starter. 
But time has come and gone…and Kane has appeared to come a long way. 
I would now trust him in a room full of young players. 

The Florida Panthers have invested

• Dennis Malgin, Cliff Pu, 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, a 7th and cap space

to get

• Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart, Anton Lundell, Markus Nuutivara, Brandon Montour, Mason Marchment, Frank Vatrano, Antony Duclair, Carter Verhaege, Gustav Forsling, Radko Gudas and Sergei Bobrovsky.

That's 1/2 of one the best teams in the league for roughly Isak Rosen Ryan Johnson Aleksandr Kisakov, Prohkor Poltapov and scraps.

Except for Bobrovsky, none of those moves emptied the vault — cash or assets.

Identify some good, undervalued players that fit our holes and go get them.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

to get

• Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart, Anton Lundell, Markus Nuutivara, Mason Marchment, Frank Vatrano, Antony Duclair, Carter Verhaege, Gustav Forsling, Radko Gudas and Sergei Bobrovsky.

That's 1/2 of one the best teams in the league for roughly Isak Rosen Ryan Johnson Aleksandr Kisakov, Prohkor Poltapov and scraps.

This feels like the offseason (or 2) I have been asking for since 2015

On 3/10/2022 at 10:14 AM, dudacek said:

to get

• Sam Bennett, Sam Reinhart, Anton Lundell, Markus Nuutivara, Brandon Montour, Mason Marchment, Frank Vatrano, Antony Duclair, Carter Verhaege, Gustav Forsling, Radko Gudas and Sergei Bobrovsky.

You forgot Devon Levi (or is that the 7th you mentioned?

As @Randall Flagg mentioned, haven't we been asking for our management team to find undervalued assets around the league for a decade.  KA may have stumbled into one in Tuch, but who might be such players in RHD or in goal?

The guy on defense I keep coming back to is Cernak (TB).  Anyway TB puts him on the block this summer?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 3/9/2022 at 11:29 PM, Porous Five Hole said:

I don’t hate it. 
There was a time that his maturity was in question and it was a non-starter. 
But time has come and gone…and Kane has appeared to come a long way. 
I would now trust him in a room full of young players. 

How about pretty young ladies?

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/03/12/avalanche-captain-gabe-landeskog-knee-surgery/

Landeskog out indefinitely following knee surgery.  How much might they offer for Olofsson if KA is selling? Gabriel's cap hit is $7 mil. 

I'd take Jost and a 2023 1st for VO and Biro

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

On 3/10/2022 at 9:14 AM, dudacek said:

1. Gudbranson RD Calgary  have to sign Tkachuk and Gaudreau this season and will be in cap hell next year with those signings
  2. Burakovsky  LW/RW Colorado UFA
  3. Dillon RD Winnipeg need to trade for him but he could be picked because cap hell and may need to retool team
  4. Probably going to have to trade for a GK but if Anderson doesn't come back is Brian Elliot and Braden Holtby possibilities for vet leadership and both are UFAs

8 hours ago, jsb said:
  1. Gudbranson RD Calgary  have to sign Tkachuk and Gaudreau this season and will be in cap hell next year with those signings
  2. Burakovsky  LW/RW Colorado UFA
  3. Dillon RD Winnipeg need to trade for him but he could be picked because cap hell and may need to retool team
  4. Probably going to have to trade for a GK but if Anderson doesn't come back is Brian Elliot and Braden Holtby possibilities for vet leadership and both are UFAs

I think Calgary is expected to lose Gaudreau in UFA, innit?

8 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I think Calgary is expected to lose Gaudreau in UFA, innit?

I guess anything is possible but with him being a probable Hart Trophy candidate this year, I'd guess they're going to try and keep him plus who has the Cap availability to top their offer?? With several of their players at or above 30 years of age, If they lose either of those 2 guys plus Mangiapane, what a mess could brew there. 

52 minutes ago, jsb said:

I guess anything is possible but with him being a probable Hart Trophy candidate this year, I'd guess they're going to try and keep him plus who has the Cap availability to top their offer?? With several of their players at or above 30 years of age, If they lose either of those 2 guys plus Mangiapane, what a mess could brew there. 

No doubt Calgary would like to keep Gaudreau, but he has long been rumored to want a move back to the northeast.  He is a NJ/Philadelphia native and went to Boston College.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't understand the desire for trading Jacob Chychrun.  He's young, talented, and fits on their team.  I suspect the trade rumor returns have been exaggerated.  Who knows but once rumors start like this he'll eventually be moved (if not at the deadline then by the draft).

1 hour ago, Digger said:

I don't understand the desire for trading Jacob Chychrun.  He's young, talented, and fits on their team.  I suspect the trade rumor returns have been exaggerated.  Who knows but once rumors start like this he'll eventually be moved (if not at the deadline then by the draft).

It might simply be Chychrun telling them he wants out with the arena nonsense and the state of the team.

• Like (+1) 2

I'd be interested in getting Kassian from Edmonton with a 2nd rd pick for future considerations.  Would free up just over $3 million in cap space for Edmonton to make other moves.  Sabres get a big physical winger for 3rd or 4th line.   Only signed for two more years which helps get Sabres get above cap floor.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.