Potential Sabres deadline moves(sellers)…

LabattBlue

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Miller
Eakin
Hiney-stroker
Butcher
Hagg
Pisser
Any of the other 750k gang

I think the Sabres hang on to Girgs, and because of his cap hit, no interest in KO. 

Agree with it all.  But until it's another lost campaign I'm hoping they use some of the cap space to buy a player or two to make the playoffs.  LOL.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Miller
Eakin
Hiney-stroker
Butcher
Hagg
Pisser

I think the Sabres hang on to Girgs, and because of his cap hit, no interest in KO. 

Kind of surprisingly, especially after seeing a bit of him in Filly, hope they don't trade Hagg but actually re-sign him.  That opinion could change as the season progresses, but at least before this road trip he's been playing well & Jokiharju can't be their elder statesman back on D next year.

Won't be too broken up if any of the others on your list go away.  They don't likely pencil into next season's lineup.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Kind of surprisingly, especially after seeing a bit of him in Filly, hope they don't trade Hagg but actually re-sign him.  That opinion could change as the season progresses, but at least before this road trip he's been playing well & Jokiharju can't be their elder statesman back on D next year.

Won't be too broken up if any of the others on your list go away.  They don't likely pencil into next season's lineup.

At this point Pisser is playing the best out of all of them... Miller is needed for size... Butcher is falling apart under pressure... Hagg has had his moments but is falling back... Eakin depends on who he plays with... one trick pony... H stroker for a bag of pucks... not impressed.

Unless someone comes banging down your door and offers you something absurd, I don't think you make any moves.

You have a lot of draft picks coming up already, and remember there are only so many contracts you can give out in a given year.  I don't need any more picks in the 3rd round or later.

Now, if someone wants an expiring contract off your team, and the offer is something like "Sabres trade player 'x' and a 4th round pick to that team for their 2nd round pick"....then I'll listen.  I just don't see the need to shuffle the roster around to extra 4th or 5th round picks.

Butcher, Pysyk, Hagg, Miller are UFAs, Power, Johnson should be signing ELCs at the end of the year and Samuelsson is probably ready.

Hinostroza, Eakin, Hayden, Caggiula are UFAs. Quinn, Peterka and Krebs are close.

We also have the cap space to take on contracts at the deadline from teams who need it.

The math ain't too hard. We're going to be active but it won't be for anything big.

• Like (+1) 2

I think the Sabres have to keep Hiney-Stroka just for his awesome name.

Am I right @inkman?

On 11/4/2021 at 5:38 PM, LabattBlue said:

Miller
Eakin
Hiney-stroker
Butcher
Hagg
Pisser

Hats off for the Hiney reference.

He stays, I think.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I would like to point out that by not retaining on Eichel we can still retain on 3 contracts at the deadline if needed. If I were Buffalo I would be looking for a 2023 1st and another 2022 2nd at the deadline. 

Yes that would be interesting (kind of like Toronto getting rid of Marleau to Carolina).  Do you have some potential candidates in mind for this?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I would like to point out that by not retaining on Eichel we can still retain on 3 contracts at the deadline if needed. If I were Buffalo I would be looking for a 2023 1st and another 2022 2nd at the deadline. 

Still waiting for signs that Adams actually plans to weaponize that space instead of just being “economic and efficient”

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

Still waiting for signs that Adams actually plans to weaponize that space instead of just being “economic and efficient”

With the exception of goaltending & C's ready to play TODAY, Adams has been doing a reasonable job of at a minimum attempting to, and at best, actually addressing team needs.  Hoping he learned from Botterill's mistake of wasting the cap space freed up when Berglund quit.

Edit:  Though his "not blocking" the kids remains a bizarre attitude as it isn't blocking them to slot them into roles they are actually capable of rather than push them into situations they aren't ready for yet.

Edited by Taro T

12 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

A name not mentioned who might attract interest is Bryson. He’s on the last year of his contract and could help a playoff team looking for an offensive D. Might return a 2nd round pick.

Really doubt any of the young guys end up traded at/before this trade deadline.

And, would prefer Bryson to a 2nd rounder.  The entirety of this team can't be waiting to get drafted IMHO.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.