GDT: Tampa Bay @ Buffalo - 10/25/2021 - 7pm EDT

WildCard

5 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Now do you believe ? There is no doubt that meatballs was the right choice for this group of guys. Can’t say much for the 2nd but that 3rd period was a thing of beauty. A total dismantling of the Stanley Cup Champions. Donny has these guys playing HOCKEY !

I wouldn’t be surprised if meatballs is holding them back, then going full sprint at the end. We saw what happens when they go full throttle from the very start, they may get tired. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Karma for the Boston game we should’ve won by 3. 

Watching that 3rd tonight I thought to myself man it feels like the hockey gods are finally letting bygones be bygones for this team. Hopefully they have another target. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Karma for the Boston game we should’ve won by 3. 

Why should we have won the Boston game. I thought they beat us pretty good.

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Hey listen - there’s something to this.

I don’t understand.

Just finished the game.  Wow!  It wasn’t pretty but a complete team effort.  Not sure any one player stood out, except Anderson.  

Great D plays by Pysyk and Bryson on breakaways.  

Kind of arrogant by TB to pull their goalie with 5 minutes left. I don’t think it mattered. Elliott was awful on a couple of the goals.  

Not sure why the hit on Cozens wasn’t a penalty.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just finished the game.  Wow!  It wasn’t pretty but a complete team effort.  Not sure any one player stood out, except Anderson.  

Great D plays by Pysyk and Bryson on breakaways.  

Kind of arrogant by TB to pull their goalie with 5 minutes left. I don’t think it mattered. Elliott was awful on a couple of the goals.  

Not sure why the hit on Cozens wasn’t a penalty.

Because it’s Tampa.

• Sad 1

That was a very enjoyable game.  Hustle for 60 minutes.  Took some shots but drove on.  NHL tonight was making excuses for Tampa Bay.  I do not care.  These Sabers are worth watching and rooting for.  All they need is two guys who will keep the other team in line but that can wait. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Over the course of the year, you'll lose some you should have won and you'll win some you should have have lost. Take the 2 and bring a more complete effort next game.

I’m sorry but I don’t think TB outplayed the Sabres.  They had a couple of times they hemmed us in our zone, but not many.  We did a good job of counter punching, making them most of our opportunities and disrupting the flow of their game.  It was a very solid win.  

It actually reminded me of the Peca lead Sabres.  No stars, except Hasek, but 60 minutes of effort.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’m sorry but I don’t think TB outplayed the Sabres.  They had a couple of times they hemmed us in our zone, but not many.  We did a good job of counter punching, making them most of our opportunities and disrupting the flow of their game.  It was a very solid win.  

It actually reminded me of the Peca lead Sabres.  No stars, except Hasek, but 60 minutes of effort.  

All the fancy stats say otherwise....but I'm still taking the two.

Bend but not break against the 2 time Cup Champs. It’s not the wins and losses it is that they have been in every game with no Eichel, Mitts or Joker in the lineup. Granato and his staff has a system that utilizes the talent they do have, he has everybody believing they can compete every night and no one looks confused out there, they all know their assignments. The goaltending hasn’t let them down at all which is such a nice change from years past. They work hard every game. I enjoy watching Sabres games again.

All my buddies are Leafs fans. My heart goes out for them right now.😜🤣

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.