GDT: Tampa Bay @ Buffalo - 10/25/2021 - 7pm EDT

WildCard

9 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Kuch's recovery miraculously coinciding with the end of the regular season doesn't really help the argument that they aren't gaming the system significantly.

…and the fact that he came out of the gate flying, leads one to believe he had been on the ice skating and practicing for at least a few weeks if not longer. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Nylander?

Maybe, but I don't think his numbers ever warranted it.

He had 12 goals in 49 games when he was called up in his 3rd and best AHL season.

Marcus and Tyler were both close to a point per game when they got their call-ups. Luke Adam over a point per game.

Stafford had 22/22/44 in 32 games.

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Maybe, but I don't think his numbers ever warranted it.

He had 12 goals in 49 games when he was called up in his 3rd and best AHL season.

Marcus and Tyler were both close to a point per game when they got their call-ups. Luke Adam over a point per game.

Stafford had 22/22/44 in 32 games.

Yaaa but like Stafford was in his 3rd year post draft. Nylander straight out of the draft at age 18 had 28 points in 65 games, pretty noteworthy for an 18 year old in the AHL - so I feel like that's why the hype was comparable. But I suppose your point was more about apparent NHL readiness, too. 

The funny thing with Nylander after seeing his numbers that first year, the trajectory we started to expect never came to fruition, his AHL numbers never really took a notable jump like the others you mentioned, a bit later on

Edited by Thorny

Excited i get to watch another Sabres game tonight.

Eager to see if the legs bounce back and how they look against a team and a goalie that has historically owned them.

Tampa his really risen up my hate list. They don't get the knocks they deserve for being the entitled cheaters they are.

(I'm talking on the ice, not the cap stuff)

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, dudacek said:

Excited i get to watch another Sabres game tonight.

Eager to see if the legs bounce back and how they look against a team and a goalie that has historically owned them.

Tampa his really risen up my hate list. They don't get the knocks they deserve for being the entitled cheaters they are.

(I'm talking on the ice, not the cap stuff)

Yep. Both Cernak and Kucherov deserve sticks to the nuts for their past transgressions. Sobotka was never the same after that dirty Russian cheap shotted him.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Have we ever beaten the Lightening? 

The best way to defeat the Concept of Ehrhoff Moulson Lightning is to use a lightsabre to deflect it back upon itself. Tonight, we need to bounce the pucks in off Vasilevskiy Elliott and other defenders from various angles. Even from behind the net.

Edit: Elliott.

Also -- Colin Miller is our leading scorer? huh.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.