Reinhart making quite the impression already...demoted to third line in Florida

matter2003

I love this ***** board. Rasmus Ristolainen continues to be the low hockey IQ defender he has always been and it is all excuses and reasons he should be given more chances... IN PHILLY. 

Reinhart gets moved to a line he has more chemistry with and it's "LOOOOK! HE SUCKS!!! TOLD YOU SO!!!" 

Amazing how some posters will dig their heels in and just have cognitive dissonance as opposed to after years of being wrong just say, "you know what, I was wrong about that thing." Ah well. ***** this place. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I love this ***** board. Rasmus Ristolainen continues to be the low hockey IQ defender he has always been and it is all excuses and reasons he should be given more chances... IN PHILLY. 

Reinhart gets moved to a line he has more chemistry with and it's "LOOOOK! HE SUCKS!!! TOLD YOU SO!!!" 

Amazing how some posters will dig their heels in and just have cognitive dissonance as opposed to after years of being wrong just say, "you know what, I was wrong about that thing." Ah well. ***** this place. 

E039D25E-2C86-4695-B9C5-C10753534214.jpeg

On 10/23/2021 at 9:04 AM, Thorny said:

I'll always love Reinhart because of this, a hat-trick scored by him in my first witnessed live Sabres victory, against my most hated team:

That clip kind of makes me cry.  We were so optimistic in those days.... good times were just around the corner or so we thought.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sam has 4pts in 5 games (2,2) and a +4.  He is a terrific player and should have been part of something great here.  I wish him well. 

Honestly I wish he was still here centering our top line.  My only complaint is that KA didn’t get enough for him.

ya, but can he drive his own line?

He's no Draisaitl. 

🙂

7 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

And out of all the ex-Sabres I see in these clips and still playing around the league, Marcus Foligno is the one I most wish was still here.

Yes absolutely.  Marcus Foligno is a high character player who can play physical and has enough skill to play in the NHL.  

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Sam has 4pts in 5 games (2,2) and a +4.  He is a terrific player and should have been part of something great here.  I wish him well. 

Honestly I wish he was still here centering our top line.  My only complaint is that KA didn’t get enough for him.

You know if Devon Levi keeps getting shutouts in college my view of that trade might change. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I was as much of a fan of Sam as anyone here. He undoubtedly would have been an anchor player for us.  The failure to keep him in the fold was a reflection of the organization's incompetence. It is beyond being exasperated to know that he was willing to sign an extension a year or two before his contract would run out. A mistake is a mistake. So you move on. As @LGR4GMpointed out if Levi turns out to be our #1 netminder in a year or two then the complexion of that deal becomes a little bit more rosy. And based on his early play in top tier college hockey that is not an outlandish hope. 

39 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You know if Devon Levi keeps getting shutouts in college my view of that trade might change. 

It might, but that won't happen for me until I see him against pros.  I will also never like that he traded him inside the division.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/22/2021 at 3:56 PM, LGR4GM said:

I’ll just leave this here

• Haha (+1) 3

On 10/22/2021 at 3:56 PM, LGR4GM said:

Don't take the opinion of a handful of posters and paint the broad brush about the entire board.

And by the way, even if the entire board had that opinion, that's what this is for, a message board to talk about things.

It gets tiresome when people start complaining about other people's opinions on a message board. That's what a message board is for, discussion right? Just because someone doesn't believe with you there's no need to get exasperated about other people's opinions.

With that said, anytime there is a star player that leaves your team, most of us are going to want to see how well he does on the new team. For me it's going to be tough to make a judgment until we at least get to the 20 game mark. At that point I'll check and look in on Sam a little more because it's just too small the sample size now to have anything other than a wild opinion... At least for me personally.

10 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Don't take the opinion of a handful of posters and paint the broad brush about the entire board.

And by the way, even if the entire board had that opinion, that's what this is for, a message board to talk about things.

It gets tiresome when people start complaining about other people's opinions on a message board. That's what a message board is for, discussion right? Just because someone doesn't believe with you there's no need to get exasperated about other people's opinions.

With that said, anytime there is a star player that leaves your team, most of us are going to want to see how well he does on the new team. For me it's going to be tough to make a judgment until we at least get to the 20 game mark. At that point I'll check and look in on Sam a little more because it's just too small the sample size now to have anything other than a wild opinion... At least for me personally.

that's nice but Reinhart still sucks

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I was as much of a fan of Sam as anyone here. He undoubtedly would have been an anchor player for us.  The failure to keep him in the fold was a reflection of the organization's incompetence. It is beyond being exasperated to know that he was willing to sign an extension a year or two before his contract would run out. A mistake is a mistake. So you move on. As @LGR4GMpointed out if Levi turns out to be our #1 netminder in a year or two then the complexion of that deal becomes a little bit more rosy. And based on his early play in top tier college hockey that is not an outlandish hope. 

If he does become our starter, it'll take a lot longer than 1-2 years. If we have designs on winning for real anytime in the next say, 2-3 seasons after this one, KA needs to find himself a capable starter (I don't see Anderson as that guy going forward)

It'll be a while before Levi or Portillo are ready, if they do indeed get there, and UPL probably never will at this point, if we are looking to place the smart bet

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

It might, but that won't happen for me until I see him against pros.  I will also never like that he traded him inside the division.  

Don't care about the division thing but agree with the bold for sure

Edited by Thorny

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

If he does become our starter, it'll take a lot longer than 1-2 years. If we have designs on winning for real anytime in the next say, 2-3 seasons after this one, KA needs to find himself a capable starter (I don't see Anderson as that guy going forward)

It'll be a while before Levi or Portillo are ready, if they do indeed get there, and UPL probably never will at this point, if we are looking to place the smart bet

I agree with you that there isn't going to be a quick return for a contribution from Levi. My guess would be 2-3 yrs. down the road. The shame of the Reinhart saga is that he could have been secured a couple of years ago. It's like taking a step forward only to then take two steps back. What was surprising is that it appears that that Risto returned more assets than Reinhart did. I would never have predicted that. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He did just fine last year.

I was of course joking with those comments (which were the standard critiques). 

I'm not really concerned with how many points he gets this season. Florida's a really good team and he is sure to rack up extra (empty net goal the other night for example)  What I will be interested to see is if he elevates his game in the playoffs or if he's a Mitch Marner. This was a question we never got to answer here.

27 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you that there isn't going to be a quick return for a contribution from Levi. My guess would be 2-3 yrs. down the road. The shame of the Reinhart saga is that he could have been secured a couple of years ago. It's like taking a step forward only to then take two steps back. What was surprising is that it appears that that Risto returned more assets than Reinhart did. I would never have predicted that. 

I'm just happy they are adding goalies for the future.  

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not really concerned with how many points he gets this season. Florida's a really good team and he is sure to rack up extra (empty net goal the other night for example)  What I will be interested to see is if he elevates his game in the playoffs or if he's a Mitch Marner. This was a question we never got to answer here.

Realestate Moving GIF by Maxwell Realtyfootball touchdown GIF by The Undefeated

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.