Reinhart making quite the impression already...demoted to third line in Florida

matter2003

18 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I hear, that but I took it in the exactly opposite meaning, to wit:

It means that Poster X is constantly thinking about, obsessing over or being infatuated with Reinhart, generally in a positive way.  When Reinhart does well, Poster X can’t miss the opportunity to point it out.  When Reinhart does poorly Poster X must think up absurd justifications for why it doesn’t really fully count (he has bad line mates, etc.).

Reinhart lives inside the head of Poster X, and does not even need to pay rent.

Now, I like Reinhart and all this time I thought @Zamboni was criticizing me.

Weird.

Language is weird.

While the meaning you took is understandable, @Curt gave you the standard definition of the phrase.

To be accused of having someone living rent free in your noggin is a disparagement of yourself for your obsessive hatred of that person.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

While the meaning you took is understandable, @Curt gave you the standard definition of the phrase.

To be accused of having someone living rent free in your noggin is a disparagement of yourself for your obsessive hatred of that person.

So I looked up the expression, and while most definitions are in line with obsessive hatred, some simply refer to obsession, with one example referring to a girlfriend (the opposite of hatred).

But at least I know what @Zamboni means by it, and it was the opposite of what I thought he meant.

32 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Chicago’s 2022 First Round Pick that went to Columbus is only Top 2 Protected. Oops 

Good. Chicago deserves 5 decades of league irrelevance. I hope they set the record for longest playoff drought by double. 

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Is this just going to be a thread to say “I TOLD YOU SO” by both the Reinhart lovers and haters depending on the game he has?  Let it go. 

No it doesn't. Reinhart is a good NHL players. All the haters were wrong and need to put on their pants and admit it instead of starting flawed threads because of a lineup shuffle in Florida. 

11 hours ago, SDS said:

The bar for a great pass has been significantly lowered apparently.

One he was going behind the net and found the guy crashing the slot. The other he won a board battle and slid the pass to the high slot. 

Would you prefer good as opposed to great? 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

One he was going behind the net and found the guy crashing the slot. The other he won a board battle and slid the pass to the high slot. 

Would you prefer good as opposed to great? 

His first assist was complete luck. He failed to dig the puck out of a scrum and luckily got it when a Bruin poked it to him. All he did was pull the puck off the boards, where the keeper then got badly beat. That was as a pedestrian pass as can be. It probably happens 300 or 400 times per game. 

The second one was a nice, patient pass to someone already on his knees. 🤷🏻

11 hours ago, klos1963 said:

7 points in 7 games for a 7-0 team.

I think he went pointless in the first two (hence the demotion, right?), so it's 7 points in 5 games. There's no room on the Sabres for a player that puts up a point a game but falls down occasionally.

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I think he went pointless in the first two (hence the demotion, right?), so it's 7 points in 5 games. There's no room on the Sabres for a player that puts up a point a game but falls down occasionally.

We did not like he actually went to the net and screened the goalie, our team doesn't play that way 😛

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

His first assist was complete luck. He failed to dig the puck out of a scrum and luckily got it when a Bruin poked it to him. All he did was pull the puck off the boards, where the keeper then got badly beat. That was as a pedestrian pass as can be. It probably happens 300 or 400 times per game. 

The second one was a nice, patient pass to someone already on his knees. 🤷🏻

I respectfully disagree.

I think both plays were great. And the first wasn’t luck. He did what you are supposed to do in a board battle. He protected the puck from 2 Bruins and kicked it to his stick when he could and then got it to his teammate that he saw rushing in. It was a great play.

It’s actually a classic under-appreciated Reinhart play. 

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Is this just going to be a thread to say “I TOLD YOU SO” by both the Reinhart lovers and haters depending on the game he has?  Let it go. 

You understand that as Buffalo sports fans, we are obligated to NOT do that, right?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

If it wasn’t a goal, not a single person would have commented about that pass after the game. Would you like to be notified every time a person makes a 12 foot pass from one teammate to another?

1 hour ago, SDS said:

If it wasn’t a goal, not a single person would have commented about that pass after the game. Would you like to be notified every time a person makes a 12 foot pass from one teammate to another?

Not your point, but I don't know that enough attention is paid to the 12-foot pass.

One of the reasons the Sabres are having some success this year is that they are making and completing so many more of them.

One of my issues with Jeff Skinner over the years is that it sometimes seemed like he could go games in a row without completing one 12-foot pass.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SDS said:

But it was a goal.

I think on both plays, what made them great was the speed in which they went from just a play along the boards to a high % shot.

Goalies say that the toughest shooters they face are the ones who disguise their shots. Sam kinda disguised his pass in both cases causing the goalie to be a beat behind when the shot cam.

That's my take, anyway. I like Sam. I think he's good.

The Sabres HAD to move Reino. He was gone after this season anyway. Get some return and move forward (I'm sure this point has been made...several times). 

What is this thread about anyway? There was no other option, aside from getting ZERO return for a talented player.

Are we hoping he sucks? I guess that's fair, given that he's on a different team. I hope everyone not playing for the Sabres develops the incurable yips forever more, so...

6 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The Sabres HAD to move Reino. He was gone after this season anyway. Get some return and move forward (I'm sure this point has been made...several times). 

What is this thread about anyway? There was no other option, aside from getting ZERO return for a talented player.

Are we hoping he sucks? I guess that's fair, given that he's on a different team. I hope everyone not playing for the Sabres develops the incurable yips forever more, so...

If you read through the entire thread you would see what it was all about. it started with a bias anti-Reinhart post. And then the opinions vary from there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.