Reinhart making quite the impression already...demoted to third line in Florida

matter2003

...and immediately produced.

For two games with Barkov and Verhaeghe, Reinhart was a negative player, in terms of expected goals percentage in 5-on-5. In his first game with Lundell and left wing Mason Marchment, Reinhart helped make the third line one of Florida’s most productive at 5-on-5, with its third-period goal, five shots and six scoring chances.

This is classic Reinhart:  Driving his line from the wing with an inexperienced center.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Sounds like a chemistry issue, not surprising as it's been a grand total of 2 games:

"For two games with Barkov and Verhaeghe, Reinhart was a negative player, in terms of expected goals percentage in 5-on-5. In his first game with Lundell and left wing Mason Marchment, Reinhart helped make the third line one of Florida’s most productive at 5-on-5, with its third-period goal, five shots and six scoring chances.

“All of a sudden, you put him with Lundy,” Quenneville said, “and it looks like they’ve found something.”"

And Sabres fans would also be aware that Reinhart has statistically been a very slow starter, too

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Who cares if Sam Reinhart is fine!  😁

Seriously though, this doesn’t sound like an indictment of Sam, although that article did state the goal of obtaining Sam was to improve the 1st line.  If he produces on line 3 I am sure Florida will get over it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Who cares if Sam Reinhart is fine!  😁

Seriously though, this doesn’t sound like an indictment of Sam, although that article did state the goal of obtaining Sam was to improve the 1st line.  If he produces on line 3 I am sure Florida will get over it.

Actually the way it reads to me, he turned the third line into the first line in terms of production.

(small sample size notwithstanding)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Cal Naughton Jr said:

I miss Reinhart more than Eichel and Risto combined. I don’t want him to do well necessarily but I hope he’s happier down in Florida. I hope the fans don’t boo him either when he makes his return to Buffalo 

Reinhart and Risto will get polite cheering, Eichel will get a 50/50 reaction that sounds more like boos because boos are more audible on TV

• Like (+1) 1

He's on a much better winning team. As others have said two games is much too short of a time to make a judgment.

If we get to the 40 game mark of the season and he is on the third line with only about 20-25 points on the season, then we can start to have a legitimate conversation about how good he is again in a different environment. But at this point of the season the conversation can be had but there's not much to support it.

But it's way too early for that and not enough time for him to accumulate some points.

Edited by mjd1001

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.