Reinhart making quite the impression already...demoted to third line in Florida

matter2003

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

WTF is GameScore?

https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/07/13/measuring-single-game-productivity-an-introduction-to-game-score/

Player Game Score = (0.75 * G) + (0.7 * A1) + (0.55 * A2) + (0.075 * SOG) + (0.05 * BLK) + (0.15 * PD) – (0.15 * PT) + (0.01 * FOW) – (0.01 * FOL) + (0.05 * CF) – (0.05 * CA) + (0.15 * GF) – (0.15* GA)

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

https://hockey-graphs.com/2016/07/13/measuring-single-game-productivity-an-introduction-to-game-score/

Player Game Score = (0.75 * G) + (0.7 * A1) + (0.55 * A2) + (0.075 * SOG) + (0.05 * BLK) + (0.15 * PD) – (0.15 * PT) + (0.01 * FOW) – (0.01 * FOL) + (0.05 * CF) – (0.05 * CA) + (0.15 * GF) – (0.15* GA)

k

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, LGR4GM said:

The worse trade in the modern NHL is the Seth Jones trade. 

They moved down in the first (essentially cole sillinger who is playing in the NHL right now for nolan allen), and gave up another 1st (looking like the 2023 one with how bad they've played) and 2nd (2022).  They also gave up a young defenseman in the deal (Boqvist), and made seth jones one of the highest paid defensemen in the league despite never winning a Norris while also coming off a poor season.   

You aren't wrong here... this looks brutal.  If Jones doesn't begin to play significantly better it'll look even worse.

30M tied up in kane, toews, jones.  Very top heavy - and like all their prospects are playing up with the big club.  And Nylander still can't hack it with them.  

Edited by Drag0nDan

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This thread title is aging well.

You know what else is aging well? The rent free occupation Reinhart has in some posters minds. Still 😂

I’m not the least bit surprised Reinhart is doing well. Good for him. He’ll probably do well no matter where he goes in the future.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well if you don't do well in a big contract year you never will, but yes, he looked good in this game I just saw. Florida as a whole looks very good. 

He already signed for 3 years at a bargain price of 6.5 per season.  They also gave our friend Montour 3 years @ 3.5 per season.  He has 3 pts in 6 games so far.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

rent free

You keep saying that.  What does that even mean?  Do you think it's a clever way of saying Reinhart sucks, and anyone who thinks he's good is a fool?  I don't even know.

It's a stupid expression and you're overusing it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

You keep saying that.  What does that even mean?  Do you think it's a clever way of saying Reinhart sucks, and anyone who thinks he's good is a fool?  I don't even know.

I’ll keep using it as long as I see posters undervalue how good Reinhart was and is. Sorry if that bothers you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

not necessarily to do with this topic, but yes, it is a stupid expression.

5 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Wait.  You're saying that because you think he's a good player?  Now I'm even more confuzled.

That's the problem with the expression:  It's not even clear what you mean.

Seriously.  Explain it to me like I'm dumb.  Because I apparently am.

Living rent free in someone’s head.

In this specific example, Reinhart lives rent free in the head of Poster X.

It means that Poster X is constantly thinking about, obsessing over or being annoyed about Reinhart, generally in a negative way.  When Reinhart does well, Poster X must think up absurd justifications for why it doesn’t really fully count (he has good line mates, it’s a contract year).  When Reinhart does poorly Poster X can’t miss the opportunity to point it out.

Reinhart lives inside the head of Poster X, and does not even need to pay rent.

I hope this helps you to understand the expression.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Living rent free in someone’s head.

In this specific example, Reinhart lives rent free in the head of Poster X.

It means that Poster X is constantly thinking about, obsessing over or being annoyed about Reinhart, generally in a negative way.  When Reinhart does well, Poster X must think up absurd justifications for why it doesn’t really fully count (he has good line mates, it’s a contract year).  When Reinhart does poorly Poster X can’t miss the opportunity to point it out.

I hope this helps you to understand the expression.  

I hear, that but I took it in the exactly opposite meaning, to wit:

It means that Poster X is constantly thinking about, obsessing over or being infatuated with Reinhart, generally in a positive way.  When Reinhart does well, Poster X can’t miss the opportunity to point it out.  When Reinhart does poorly Poster X must think up absurd justifications for why it doesn’t really fully count (he has bad line mates, etc.).

Now, I like Reinhart and all this time I thought @Zamboni was criticizing me.

Weird.

Language is weird.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.