Jump to content

Eichel is changing Agents will be represented by Pat Brisson


Brawndo
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

Wouldn't it be something if this leads to the two sides to reconcile their past differences.

I don't see Jack wanting to play for a rebuilding team in the prime of his career for a poorly run organization that is now focused on cutting costs.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Meh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume that this move by Eichel can't hurt.  His other agents made some questionable moves that didn't seem to help his case.  I would think the agents relationship with Adams and the Sabres was strained because they definitely were not working together to get the trade completed.

Perhaps he was sold by this agent (Brisson) that they could act as more of a mediator to resolve the situation with the Sabres.  If that's the case then I think it's a good move to have the agents and Sabres working together to get a good deal done and completed for the benefit of both sides.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

He's grasping at straws.  

A sign of desperation perhaps?

After their latest meeting with Sabres brass, I'd reckon Peter Fish is advising him to hold off on surgery as the disc is in fact healing on it's own, albeit slowly. 

His impatient young client disagrees.  

I can see this being closer to the truth than not

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Good.  Not touching that speculation thread w/ a 10' pole.

You’re tricking yourself if you think this isn’t a speculation thread. I guess at least it’s based on something that is allegedly happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hes not getting surgery anytime soon. Hes going to miss the start of the NHL season...each day that goes by in this stalemate he misses more time.  He is likely now going to miss the Olympics, with no shot at it again for 4 more years.  And, he can't seem to have any options to do anything about any of this.  So, when you can't do SOMETHING, you do ANYTHING.  He is tired of just waiting around for nothing to happen and this is the only move he can make now.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe he was sick of hearing how the NYR are his best option and to wait till the Sabres cave and trade him there for Drurys old hockey mitts. 

25 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

I don't see Jack wanting to play for a rebuilding team in the prime of his career for a poorly run organization that is now focused on cutting costs.

Plenty of money and assets to change course

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Hes not getting surgery anytime soon. Hes going to miss the start of the NHL season...each day that goes by in this stalemate he misses more time.  He is likely now going to miss the Olympics, with no shot at it again for 4 more years.  And, he can't seem to have any options to do anything about any of this.  So, when you can't do SOMETHING, you do ANYTHING.  He is tired of just waiting around for nothing to happen and this is the only move he can make now.

We don't even know if he needs surgery. He, or someone in his camp, wants an experimental surgery. Rest has been prescribed and we have no idea if that is working or not. 

 

So..he could be ready to start the season. We just don't know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Maybe he was sick of hearing how the NYR are his best option and to wait till the Sabres cave and trade him there for Drurys old hockey mitts. 

Plenty of money and assets to change course

Wonder if his agent was trying to deflate Eichel's value under the belief the Rangers could get Eichel for cheap. Guy is supposedly friends with Drury. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Wonder if his agent was trying to deflate Eichel's value under the belief the Rangers could get Eichel for cheap. Guy is supposedly friends with Drury. 

Isn't Fish Drurys agent also? 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Isn't Brisson's son on Vegas? That's it, Eichel is a Golden Knight 😄

His son Brendan (is a vegas draft pick) also plays for the University of Michigan with Mr. Owen Power. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Hoss said:

You’re tricking yourself if you think this isn’t a speculation thread. I guess at least it’s based on something that is allegedly happening.

And once this inevitably devolves into a regurgitation of the other thread, won't step in here either.  But right now it is discussion of an actual event, not mere speculation.

 

Still would like to see somebody chime in with how agents get paid when there is a change mid-contract.  @pi2000 any input?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And once this inevitably devolves into a regurgitation of the other thread, won't step in here either.  But right now it is discussion of an actual event, not mere speculation.

 

Still would like to see somebody chime in with how agents get paid when there is a change mid-contract.  @pi2000 any input?

I think it is reasonable that the former agent, who negotiated the contract, should still be paid.  I would also think there has to be some agreement in place should the client change agents mid contract.  A percentage split of 60/40 might be reasonable, even 50/50.  And agent's work is not done when the contract is signed, but it's a big part of what they do.

Of course, I'm just farting in the breeze here and I could be way off.

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So we can literally interpret this to mean anything we want. Wow. Well, I think it means that Jack is coming back to the Sabres, he just got all Messed up by his agent and he loves Buffalo. That agent was a trouble maker 

 

How’s that? 

Simplify and add lightness: Eichel switched to an agent with more clout in order to reset the stalled trade process.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

He's grasping at straws.  

A sign of desperation perhaps?

After their latest meeting with Sabres brass, I'd reckon Peter Fish is advising him to hold off on surgery as the disc is in fact healing on it's own, albeit slowly. 

His impatient young client disagrees.  

I asked about this in June when the initial rest and rehab was supposed to be evaluated.  So if the recovery can happen on its own timetable, without surgery, then hopefully he can play sometime this season and show he is recovered.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And once this inevitably devolves into a regurgitation of the other thread, won't step in here either.  But right now it is discussion of an actual event, not mere speculation.

 

Still would like to see somebody chime in with how agents get paid when there is a change mid-contract.  @pi2000 any input?

Agent contracts are not guaranteed.   Meaning if you fire your agent, that's it... they're cut off moving forward.     

That said, I'm not privy to the precise language of Fish's contract.   I've heard cases, notably with larger contracts, of agent buyout clauses.    Wether or not Jack had to pay him out, again depends on the language in the contract.

  • Thanks (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Simplify and add lightness: Eichel switched to an agent with more clout in order to reset the stalled trade process.

To put out the fires Fish & Co. set. That barrage of negative press was supposed to cause a rookie GM to fold. Didn't happen. In fact it backfired. Brisson is Jack's Winston Wolfe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...