Eichel is changing Agents will be represented by Pat Brisson

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Eichel is changing Agents will be represented by Pat Brisson

So, aren't agents typically paid a portion of the contract they negotiate for their client?  If so, how do the agent fees for the next 5 years work?  Do the former agents still get their cut?  Does that switch to Brisson?  Do they split the commission like a RE transaction w/ a buyers agent & a sellers agent?  Does Eichel's agent fees now double?

And, Does this mean he wants to still be a Sabre?  (Yes, THAT question was rhetorical.  😞 )

He's grasping at straws.  

A sign of desperation perhaps?

After their latest meeting with Sabres brass, I'd reckon Peter Fish is advising him to hold off on surgery as the disc is in fact healing on it's own, albeit slowly. 

His impatient young client disagrees.  

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

So, aren't agents typically paid a portion of the contract they negotiate for their client?  If so, how do the agent fees for the next 5 years work?  Do the former agents still get their cut?  Does that switch to Brisson?  Do they split the commission like a RE transaction w/ a buyers agent & a sellers agent?  Does Eichel's agent fees now double?

And, Does this mean he wants to still be a Sabre?  (Yes, THAT question was rhetorical.  😞 )

Interesting point.  I did not think about that.  I do wonder how the agents are compensated since he already has a deal in place.

26 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Wow.

Who were his agents previously? That statement they put out was a bad play, imo.

Someone who wanted him only on the Rags

26 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Who wants to start excavating that tweet from the other day for deeper meaning?

He discovered his agent was a mole

9 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He's grasping at straws.  

After their latest meeting with Sabres brass, I'd reckon Peter Fish is advising him to hold off on surgery as the disc is in fact healing on it's own, albeit slowly. 

The top agents take on only the most desperate, unwinnable situations, i hear 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

He's grasping at straws.  

Or it's possible that Jack no longer has faith in the doctors that his agent was bringing in to assess his situation. Or his agent's connections.

Brisson represents Crosby who has had his fair share of pretty serious ailments over the years. He also represents a much deeper list of big players.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Why would it mean that?

Maybe the team they were trying to trade him to doesn't have a good working relationship with his agent? I could see other GM's wanting a player they are trading for to be represented by someone they trust.

Edited by darksabre
  • Like (+1) 3

Brisson also represents Zegras.

Just now, darksabre said:

Maybe the team they were trying to trade him to doesn't have a good working relationship with his agent? I could see other GM's wanting a player they are trading for to be represented by someone they trust.

If you're a buyer (or a seller for that matter), it makes an absolutely huge difference to have a broker involved whom you trust. The prior agents were, IIRC, very sort of NCAA-focused -- somewhat outside the NHL loop. Brisson is a true insider. It is logical to believe that this will help get things moving.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Or it's possible that Jack no longer has faith in the doctors that his agent was bringing in to assess his situation. Or his agent's connections.

Brisson represents Crosby who has had his fair share of pretty serious ailments over the years. He also represents a much deeper list of big players.

Crosby wasn't demanding a trade, but coming off the concussion in 2011-12, he got a big contract from Pittsburgh.  So there's that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

The hissy fit continues 🤣

His entire future is at stake. I get railing on the emoji stuff (I guess) but changing agents is a "hissy fit"? 

Like I said, there isn't a single thing that could happen that couldn't be fit into the "Jack is a baby" line of thinking if one wants it to enough 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.