OT: What Is Your Dream Car?

Andrew Amerk

This is another topic that shows how one can have their life and thinking change once they hit 40 years old....

Most of my life....2 things mattered recreationally for me....Cars and the sports I followed.  Anytime my mind was free, I was thinking about the NHL, NFL even MLB...I couldn't get enough stats, analysis...fantasy sports, simulation games. Season ticket holder? Yep.  I ate that up more than almost anything.  Now?  I'm barely hanging on to my 'fandom' of the Bills and Sabres through the message boards and twitter, and I mean barely hanging on.

Cars are kinda the same.  2 jobs, sometimes 3 jobs when I was younger?  Sure, in order to save up for that car I really wanted. 

Had it for a year and started thinking about the next car.  A year later I was itching for the new model, and by year 3 I'd pull the trigger (if not sooner). Of course I did have a lot of miles driven for work. 

Websites about cars? checked daily.  Magazine subscriptions to Motortrend and Car and Driver? Had those too.  I knew pretty much every engine/transmission option available for every new car I even thought of wanting and for the competition to those cars also. 

But just like with sports, that has changed.  I really WANT to be interested in cars again, I WANT to find a car that I love so I can enjoy the 'chase' of getting it again, but I just don't.  Its hard to explain, but whenever a new model is unveiled, I'll look at the pictures and read the specs HOPING I'll want it badly, but for the last few years, nothing like that has happened.

With that said, if I had to pick something I like the LOOKS of....the Mercedes G-Class SUV/Wagon..it is just different.  But I can't say I'd actually want to drive on on a daily basis.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Thanks (+1) 1

For a large part of my life, my dream car was a Ford F-150. I’ve now had one for 10+ years. The shine is off, but I still really like it. I just don’t need a truck anymore.

My favorite all time vehicle?... wait for it,... Mercury Villager minivan. I love minivans. I wish they were cooler so my wife would let me get another one. Someone needs to make some sort of SUMV (sport utility minivan). I would buy one in a heartbeat.

My dream car now is probably a Dodge Durango. I can put gear in it, sleep in it, and I think it’s the same motor they put in the Daytonas so my wife will think it’s cool.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I don't really have a dream car.  To me a car is a tool and an expense.  I try to expend as little as possible for the utility I need.  Currently, this does the job just fine.

image.thumb.png.badb3575c1b12028326bcb7ad456d216.png

I remember when they were in the American market over 40 years ago before they quit. FIAT used to stand for Fix It Again, Tony.

8 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I must drive an invisible car. I always have people just pulling right out in front of me as I’m driving down the road. It’s crazy. People just pull out into traffic without looking. 

Welcome to my world.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I now believe it’s crazy to ride a motorcycle. You are putting your life into the hands of reckless drivers 

Half of the motorcycles I see on a day to day basis are driving far more recklessly, and they want to blame it on the “cagers.”

28 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Not really a car fanatic, my 13yr old toyota auris will need to be replaced, I either stay with toyota, or go for a skoda.

Toyota will last a long time and not need much more than normal maintenance, until one day they just die.  Skoda is a great car.  Driven many of them when in Europe.  Fun and sporty.  The most fun car I have ever driven in Europe was an Opel Astra (I know, I know ... GM ... blah, blah).  It was so much fun and the cluch was the smoothest I ever drive.  I was going to bring it home with me, but dude needed it for another month, or two (rental).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.