Reinhart traded to Florida for G Devon Levi (7th rd pick in 2020) and a lottery protected 1st in 2022.

GASabresIUFAN

1 minute ago, LTS said:

If Reinhart signs a deal in Florida is it for more than Barkov and Huberdeau?  They both are at $5.9M

Both of them are due for extensions and will blow that number out of the water (they will also blow the number Samson gets now out of the water).

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yes. They signed a few years ago so Sam is going to get the going rate now. 

Welcome new guy.. who makes more than the leaders now.  Obviously Barkov will demand a high salary the next go round.  Looks like the Panthers have a ton of contract work to do next year actually.

Edited by LTS

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

My early feel is that if it wasn't done in the last 8 hours that is because they are working on a Reinhart extension. 

Assuming that he does sign an extension what would you consider to be a fair-value return from this trade?

• Like (+1) 1

If Vatrano is the other piece the deal will be complete whenever we trade him at the deadline. He’s got one year left on his deal. So IF TRUE it’s probably something like a 2022 1st, a goalie drafted in the 7th last year and a 3rd.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

If Vatrano is the other piece the deal will be complete whenever we trade him at the deadline. He’s got one year left on his deal. So IF TRUE it’s probably something like a 2022 1st, a goalie drafted in the 7th last year and a 3rd.

If that is all we get for Reinhart, KA needs to go asap.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LTS said:

Welcome new guy.. who makes more than the leaders now.  Obviously Barkov will demand a high salary the next go round.  Looks like the Panthers have a ton of contract work to do next year actually.

Wasn't Barkov in the same draft class as Risto?

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

If that is all we get for Reinhart, KA needs to go asap.

Just yesterday we were all praising him now we want him gone. JFC.

I’ll wait to judge him after the Eichel trade. If he hits 2 out of 3 I’ll be okay with it. And if Reinhart isn’t signing long term with Florida we can’t expect the moon.

• Like (+1) 2

I have been saying for a while that I don’t expect Reino to sign an extension as part of a trade.  I think after his experience with the Sabres, he wants to take his time and make sure he’s found a strong organization before committing anywhere long term.  If that’s true, the Sabres weren’t going to get much for him — certainly not a crown jewel prospect like Lundell or Knight.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kr632 said:

Or you know trade him before the deadline. Doing this also shelters Cozens and Mittlestadt so we're not rushing them into a role theyre not ready for. But this team loves rushing prospects in and screwing up their development

Think his value at deadline is zero. He'll be going to free agency what teams would offer more.

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Assuming that he does sign an extension what would you consider to be a fair-value return from this trade?

Anton Lundell. 

Okay maybe that is too much. 

idk Owen Tippett might make sense as he is a good young player who is a rw. Add in that goalie and a cap dump. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why do people continuously assert that Adams is the person that dictates the return? Teams had all summer to put their best foot forward on one year of Sam.

This is a culmination of those offers.

his only other choice is to wait and hope the offers get better.

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

That’s a stretch. He was good in a small sample size after being a 7th rounder.

This is reminding me of when we were told Hudson Fasching was worth two seconds+ despite being a 4th rounder the previous year.

Knight will likely be their starter with Bob backing up within the next year.

Small sample size? So apparently the WJC is no longer a valid measuring tool to evaluate up and coming prospects… yeah okay. 

Just now, I-90 W said:

Small sample size? So apparently the WJC is no longer a valid measuring tool to evaluate up and coming prospects… yeah okay. 

Don’t play stupid. It’s a small sample size. Nobody said it wasn’t a valid measuring tool.

My new theory is that the third piece has been hard to lock down because it hasn’t been determined yet. The two teams agreed to a trade and a 2022 first along with Levi are in it. The third piece is Vatrano without an extension signed. It’s someone else if he signs an extension.

4 minutes ago, I-90 W said:

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Don’t play stupid. It’s a small sample size. Nobody said it wasn’t a valid measuring tool.

With Hoss on this one. It is a small sample size and shouldn't be used as the "this is what the player is" type of evaluation. All it takes is for a guy to have a minor injury for 7 games or to play on a disconnected team. 

1 minute ago, SDS said:

It would be healthier if fans phrase this as “one year of Sam” is worth…

Unless the hold up is him signing an extension. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.