Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

My contact inside the blues organization just texted me and said that they are going after tkachuk extremely hard next year. I would not expect him to stick around Buffalo so take that for what it is

I keep wondering if the hold up is the Tkachuk flip and salary retention 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Friedman said its not true.

Where? 

My contact inside the blues organization just texted me and said that they are going after tkachuk extremely hard next year. I would not expect him to stick around Buffalo so take that for what it is

So it behooves the Sabres to arrange something with the Blues now if he is part of the trade.

• Like (+1) 1

His qualifying offer is 9 million next season. Add much on top of that and that’d be a 4 first offer sheet, which honestly, when put with the rest of the package would be quite the return for Eichel. That would be setting ourselves up quite nicely for our future.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That Vogl tweet is … something. I have no clue what that could mean.

for what it's worth..

- - - 

This trade would be exciting, if Tkachuk is staying. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't see how this is legit. Buffalo would be crazy not to pull the trigger depending on the 2 prospects. If 1 of Zary or Coronato is involved it's really hard to see this done. 

I have a hard time believing this is legit the offer.

Kevin Weekes is legit. He isn’t putting it out without great sourcing.

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Why does Tkachuk need to be flipped?

He'll be in the Reinhart situation this coming summer, and we saw what they elected to do with him. He'll be one year from UFA, he can just take his 1 year, high qualifying offer and bolt in UFA. They'd be dealing him probably right at the time of the first trade, or before the start of next season. 

44 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Yes they will, they hope the memories of Keith playing there and the boys growing up in St Louis will help them.  If this trade is true then Matthew will likely be a rental.  

13 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Friedman hasn’t denied anything, that poster is just a boring troll.

Friedman absolutely said that he was getting a lot of pushback on the Weekes tweet.  Said that he would never disparage another reporter but he made it clear that none of his sources were echoing what Weekes said.  This was on Tim & Friends shortly after the tweet.

Now which one of them you trust more is a whole nother story.

• Like (+1) 1