Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

If Adams gets this trade over and it is perceived a win-win at this time, that it would serve him well and elevate his reputation with his peers.  

I’ve been skeptical of a deal happening now but you never know.  

• Like (+1) 2

At this point the NHL will have to publish the trade paperwork, live stream Eichel's surgery, show him in the Flames locker room with a Flames jersey, and get a sworn affidavit from Lord Stanley himself before I believe the trade has occurred. 

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I personally don't get Calgary wanting this deal. They're already good, they play a Sutter brand of hockey which I can't see suiting Jack, a Boston boy ain't going to be happy on the cold prairie, and Tkachuk is loved in that town. I guess they want Eichel vs. McDavid forever??? Seems foolish but I'd love that deal personally. 

I know some people here won't like it, but I'd be ecstatic if our next captain was Tkachuk. A deal like this would change everything. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

I don’t think for a second Weekes goes to the media with that offer if Brisson is the lone source. The thinking on reporting and sourcing of information here needs to evolve.

The insider racket works far too well for fans to ever demand and evolving.  But I agree still...just people who have sources regurgitating narratives and some truth thrown in for good measure. 

54 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I can see veterans taking this approach if referenced in a trade to Buffalo.  It's clear the Sabres are not designed to compete for the post-season, so there's no reason to go to NHL Siberia and hurt your career.  

Serious question:  if the Sabres don’t really get Tkachuk, but rather just a Reinhart-trade-level return for him, is that Calgary trade really compelling?  It looks like a couple of medium-low first-rounders, a young player who is just OK and one or 2 non blue chip prospects.  Am I missing something?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Serious question:  if the Sabres don’t really get Tkachuk, but rather just a Reinhart-trade-level return for him, is that Calgary trade really compelling?  It looks like a couple of medium-low first-rounders, a young player who is just OK and one or 2 non blue chip prospects.  Am I missing something?

The trade only looks bad if you make up the bold in your head. Nobody said this.