Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Tkachuk being presumed gone from Calgary helps this deal make sense. Otherwise, imbalanced.

Just now, Shootica said:

Now which one of them you trust more is a whole nother story.

They can both be trusted to accurately relate what their sources are telling them.

The matter of how reliable the sources are is another matter.

2 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Friedman absolutely said that he was getting a lot of pushback on the Weekes tweet.  Said that he would never disparage another reporter but he made it clear that none of his sources were echoing what Weekes said.  This was on Tim & Friends shortly after the tweet.

Now which one of them you trust more is a whole nother story.

Good to know. Hadn’t seen it mentioned anywhere.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

So Tkachuk 

A former 1st rounder that's not still a prospect, that could be Zadorov

2 prospects, zary or coronato AND something like Pelletier

A 2023 1st

That's a trade right there. 

Yes, that is a trade for sure.  Tkachuk may not be around long but him as a 5th piece gives them cap room for Eichel.  

Fun fact - Walt Tkachuk, uncle of Keith, played 5 games for the Buffalo Bisons in 1968-69.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 3

What a gongshow.    Brisson pressing hard in the media... that deal reported by Weekes is simply bait for Vegas to up their offer.    Well played by Brisson if it works, but I don't believe for a second there is any truth to it, LMAO.

I will say that the past two days have certainly restored fan base hopes that they may actually be able to get a return for broken Eichel that approaches what we might have received for a healthy Eichel.

Hasn't history taught us that we should all be bracing for some crushing disappointment?

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I will say that the past two days have certainly restored fan base hopes that they may actually be able to get a return for broken Eichel that approaches what we might have received for a healthy Eichel.

Hasn't history taught us that we should all be bracing for some crushing disappointment?

I expect a washed up veteran, a young guy in need of a scenario change, a B prospect and a lottery protected 1st

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I expect a washed up veteran, a young guy in need of a scenario change, a B prospect and a lottery protected 1st

Monahan, Dube, Pelletier and a mid to late 1st

Reilly, Hague, Brisson and a late 1st

That's certainly where my expectations were before the internet started teasing me, with the hope that Vegas caved for Krebs.

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Not me.  I am still expecting a return that will be underwhelming.  

They are trying to flush a broken john from the organization, but that is next to impossible. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Not me.  I am still expecting a return that will be underwhelming.  

They are trying to flush a broken john from the organization, but that is next to impossible. 

Yeah I can't believe anyone is buying this ***** lol 

23 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Another fun fact, Keith Tkachuk was drafted by the pick originally held by the Sabres but swapped with the Jets in the Housley/Hawerchuk trade. The Sabres moved up to the 14 spot and took Brad May. The Jets dropped back to 19 and took Tkachuk. Oops.

I have been saying for years that the Sabres' player development at the time was so bad, I assume that if the Sabres had drafted Tkachuk and the Jets got May, then NHL fans everywhere would now be wondering why we passed on May to get Tkachuk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

What a gongshow.    Brisson pressing hard in the media... that deal reported by Weekes is simply bait for Vegas to up their offer.    Well played by Brisson if it works, but I don't believe for a second there is any truth to it, LMAO.

I don’t think for a second Weekes goes to the media with that offer if Brisson is the lone source. The thinking on reporting and sourcing of information here needs to evolve.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

I don’t think for a second Weekes goes to the media with that offer if Brisson is the lone source. The thinking on reporting and sourcing of information here needs to evolve.

💰