Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Olofsson is a top 6 forward. He has 39 goals and 86 points in 123 NHL games.

Mitts may establish himself as one this year.

Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Rosen and Poltapov have that potential.

We hope to add 2 more from an Eichel trade and this year’s top pick.

He’s right in terms of there being no Eichels and no sure things in that group.

But Im hopeful there may be enough Sam Reinharts and a Ryan O’Reilly or 2.

I’ll really like the group overall once we add a centre or 2 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

They will upgrade 25% of the team by the start of next season just based on players already in the system.  JJ, Quinn, Weissbach, Laaksonen, Power, and if not UPL, possibly Portillo or Levi.  I think it's highly likely that the Michiganders make the jump directly to the NHL and do fine.

And that doesn't even take into account anything coming back in an Eichel trade.

Nostradamus would struggle to predict the level of play for 7-8 prospects who haven't take a shift/made a start at the NHL level.    

25% of the roster is 5-6 players, who by this account will all be 18-21 year old rookies.  And, they'll represent upgrades over veteran NHL players.

The kool aid has extra sugar in it, doesn't it?  

• Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Olofsson is a top 6 forward. He has 39 goals and 86 points in 123 NHL games.

Mitts may establish himself as one this year.

Cozens, Quinn, Peterka, Rosen and Poltapov have that potential.

We hope to add 2 more from an Eichel trade and this year’s top pick.

He’s right in terms of there being no Eichels and no sure things in that group.

But Im hopeful there may be enough Sam Reinharts and a Ryan O’Reilly or 2.

Would rather have a healthy Eichel than some magic seeds.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, klos1963 said:

In your career in leadership development, have you ever analyzed a situation just from reading newspaper reports and online comments or did you get to know the people involved in order to make a solid assessment of the situation?  No offense to you, but this is like people online telling how to raise other people's children while never having met me or my kids. It's all guesswork and speculation. You may have valid points, but you really don't know.

I am analyzing Jack by observing Jack himself. 1st person words & behavior. Not opinions from reporters or bloggers.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

A fully healthy, fully bought-in Jack would be miles ahead of anything the Sabres can get back in any trade going forward.

Unfortunately, one of those is definitely not going to happen in this reality, and there are some justifiable doubts about the other one.  

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, SabresVet said:

Nostradamus would struggle to predict the level of play for 7-8 prospects who haven't take a shift/made a start at the NHL level.    

25% of the roster is 5-6 players, who by this account will all be 18-21 year old rookies.  And, they'll represent upgrades over veteran NHL players.

Prepare to be amazed.

56 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I would personally have a team of no-names that play together as a unit because they are well-coached and can earn NHL standings points at .700 or better.  (You know, like this season so far.)

• Like (+1) 3

And to be honest, I'd prefer 2019-20 Jack, but that ain't happening either.  I actually have a feeling that no matter what surgery he gets, he's going to be like post-concussion Timmy Connolly, not pre-concussion Tim. 

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Shootica said:

Jack would also be on LTIR so there isn't an immediate concern there.  Hitting the cap floor is an issue for us, and they'd have to figure out the cap ceiling once he returns.

He would have to be on LTIR prior to the trade for this to matter. Because he is not, Vegas will have to make the salary work prior to the deal being completed.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, jad1 said:

Where are the stories about insurance underwriters not covering ADR, because I haven't seen any. 

And if the Pegulas can get a policy written on Kyle Okposo, who has had multiple concussions, I'm sure they can figure out one for Eichel.

And also consider that a spinal fusion in the NHL is NOT 100% effective, how does that change the insurance policy that the Pegulas have on Eichel?  

Spinal fusions are not common in the NHL.  It's not like there are are dozens of spinal fusions performed in the NHL every season, so that fact that "None. Zilch, Zero. Nada" ADRs have been performed in the NHL isn't the obstacle you are making it out to be.  If the spinal fusion:ADR ratio is 50:0, sure that's an issue.  If it more like 5:0, not as big a deal.

The Sabres want to trade Eichel.  The front office believes it would be easier to trade Eichel if he isn't the guinea pig for ADR in the NHL.  So they want the spinal fusion. Eichel wants a surgery that, over 20 years since its introduction, has has shown better results for his short and  long term health.  

So who's interests are the Sabres docs representing?  

If Adams wants a top return for Eichel, regardless of the surgery decided on, teams are going to want to see Eichel on the ice.  That means that the Sabres take on the risk of the surgery.  And, based on the time line, letting Eichel get ADR will solve this sooner than later.

If Adams just wants to move on from all this, he can trade Eichel now, but the return will be more O'Reilly-like.  But the team moves the risk and contract to a bargain-hunting trading partner.

Not accurate... not common but not accurate... D for Guins had fusion...

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

Was your brother's injury associated from a traumatic event or simply wear and tear? What time frame did the doctors say give for the rehab? If any of these questions are too private I will respect that. Just curious? 

Wear and tear... he wrestled in HS, played Rugby in college and moved to Cali to become Lawyer and a surfer... Cant help he is a lawyer sitting at a desk... He has always worked out but gotta assume mostly wear and tear.... pain and numbness down his arms prompted surgery.

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, dudacek said:

Pat Lafontaine for Andrew Peters. Dominik Hasek for Slava Kozlov.

I like the cut of your jib, son.

Or it might be irrelevant like in the Hasek and Lafontaine trades.

IMO it’s never irrelevant. Hasek, the tank sell off, black Sunday. Letting assets go for nothing always puts the team in a hole they have to dig out of.

10 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Absolutely.

11 hours ago, SabresVet said:

I disagree that you can't have a sense of how your prospects will fare in the NHL. There is no doubt that shortly after the draft it is difficult to get a sense whether a prospect will be able to reach the NHL. But after two to three years post draft a prospect's status should be much better clarified. And evaluating a player's performance in the AHL should be even more clarifying. Peterka and Quinn clearly are showing a capability to move up to the big league in a year. It would not be a major leap to believe that Peterka will be a call-up at the end of this season. 

If you add into the prospect mix that includes Power and Samuelsson you can see at least four young players/prospects added to the roster next year.  On top of that there is a core group of at least a half of dozen players who not only are on the NHL roster already but also have upside. The young core not only is getting bigger but also getting better. The point I am stressing is that at a certain stage one can get a sense of whether your prospects can play at the next level. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Breaking

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I disagree that you can't have a sense of how your prospects will fare in the NHL. There is no doubt that shortly after the draft it is difficult to get a sense whether a prospect will be able to reach the NHL. But after two to three years post draft a prospect's status should be much better clarified. And evaluating a player's performance in the AHL should be even more clarifying. Peterka and Quinn clearly are showing a capability to move up to the big league in a year. It would not be a major leap to believe that Peterka will be a call-up at the end of this season. 

If you add into the prospect mix that includes Power and Samuelsson you can see at least four young players/prospects added to the roster next year.  On top of that there is a core group of at least a half of dozen players who not only are on the NHL roster already but also have upside. The young core not only is getting bigger but also getting better. The point I am stressing is that at a certain stage one can get a sense of whether your prospects can play at the next level. 

Throw Weissbach into that forward mix.  If he's not ready now, he will be by the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 4

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I would personally have a team of no-names that play together as a unit because they are well-coached and can earn NHL standings points at .700 or better.  (You know, like this season so far.)

Putting it another way, I would rather have this

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJwdWItc3RvcmFnZSIsImtleSI6

Than this

Chimaera_Exp_Pack_box_art_Darren_Tan-1-e

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 2