Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

17 minutes ago, steveoath said:

KA presser just now. To paraphrase: Adams has no problem with Jack, would welcome him on the team at training camp.

This is like when Ted Thompson said Favre could come back for an "open competition" with Aaron Rodgers

28 minutes ago, steveoath said:

KA presser just now. To paraphrase: Adams has no problem with Jack, would welcome him on the team at training camp.

This is interesting to me because I have not heard him say anything remotely like this during the whole saga. I always felt Jack was gone because the team wouldn't make a verbal commitment to him. I'm reaching, because I don't want to trade him, but this could mean a lot.

40 minutes ago, steveoath said:

But also made clear he would like to trade him. Here’s the thread with quotes:

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

But also made clear he would like to trade him. Here’s the thread with quotes:

I saw it pointed out in that thread and it's so true: saying as GM that you have "no problem at all" with your best player and captain being with your team is rather telling. Usually it's "he's our captain and leader, and though we are always looking for ways to improve our team, we are planning for him to be with us for camp". You don't say your main man coming back is "no problem". 

He's assuredly getting dealt. 

2 minutes ago, realtruelove said:

It's obvious they are through with Jack.  

The biggest assumption I and others were making was that it had to come before the draft. The rest of it all seems likely still. 

43 minutes ago, steveoath said:

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1mrxmwkXRrLGy?s=09 link to the press conference 

i tried playing the video & the sound is barely audible. Turns out its in mono i guess? Since it only comes out on the right channel?

Man this organization cant even get a live stream broadcast correct. What a freakin sh!!show

22 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Do the Sam and Risto trades affect the Eichel trade?  If so, how?

Not if Adams doesn't want them to 

Edit - depends how you mean. They could affect our perception of what's coming back. But I don't think it has to affect how Adams processes the deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So is  Is this gonna drag out all summer ? 

Well would you want some of the ***** offers, Rangers fans are posting on another forum board.  I saw:  Ryan Strome 2022 1st, Schneider and Chytil, and I was like.  Yeah, keep your prospects, and your ridiculous evaluation of them.  Also, when Kevyn Adams smirks, he looks like a smarmy douche, that I'd love to punch in the face. 😄

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Not if Adams doesn't want them to 

Edit - depends how you mean. They could affect our perception of what's coming back. But I don't think it has to affect how Adams processes the deal. 

With the first two trades yielding primarily draft picks, is there expectation to get more than one NHL player?  Kind of a loaded question.

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

With the first two trades yielding primarily draft picks, is there expectation to get more than one NHL player?  Kind of a loaded question.

Doesn't look like Adams wants "now" players for Jack at least if you think it'll be reflective of the deals we've seen and what Adams has said. Unless you count a guy like Hagg. It's all about a new timeline. Levi is perhaps the best example of that recently. Wouldn't you prioritize what you thought was most important, first? It's been the futures: the NHL roster has gotten significantly worse. I highly doubt he plans to field a competitive roster through free agency as that isn't a strategy I think anyone would agree with. His big trades chips are being cashed and the verdict on "will there be hockey trades?" has so far been a resounding "no". 

• Like (+1) 1

There was that one rumour about the Sabres being after a now young player for Reinhart and we didn't get that, so I suppose it's possible that factor moves to the Eichel deal for Adams. I'm thinking he targets C prospects though, which we do definitely need now. To his strategy I'd say that's pretty important, if you want to do a big rebuild you have to have more than 2 top 6 C prospects/players on the team/system

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Doesn't look like Adams wants "now" players for Jack at least if you think it'll be reflective of the deals we've seen and what Adams has said. Unless you count a guy like Hagg. It's all about a new timeline. Levi is perhaps the best example of that recently. Wouldn't you prioritize what you thought was most important, first? It's been the futures: the NHL roster has gotten significantly worse. I highly doubt he plans to field a competitive roster through free agency as that isn't a strategy I think anyone would agree with. His big trades chips are being cashed and the verdict on "will there be hockey trades?" has so far been a resounding "no". 

We’ll I’ll prep myself for 11 straight years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Give me Rossi, Dumba and a 2022 unprotected 1.

Replace Boldy with another solid prospect and I am ok with this.

Look to keep Dumba long term as a RHD.

Rossi, Khusnutdinov, Llambos, and 1st.  I am good without Dumba at this point.  If this team is going all youth, then go all youth.  

• Like (+1) 1