Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

So, is he in the WNY area? I figured he’d be in Boston with family.

Unless that was taken several days ago and posted yesterday.

It says Silver Creek and that’s  water behind him.

Edited by SwampD

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

This just isn't true and I'm just tired of hearing it spoken like gospel. 

It is most definitely true but it’s generally true for most free agents aside from a select few organizations.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

K, I don't agree with you. The entire no one wants to be here thing is just overplayed.

If you did a survey of all players asking where they would play if they could choose , in order, how many wouldn't rank Buffalo at the bottom or the bottom, say 3?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Wookie already mentioned it but Newhook and Byram are their two realistic pieces that make a lot of sense. Because their first is very low they would have to add more in rostered players or high-level prospects.

I just don’t see how they afford Eichel, Rantanen, Landeskog, MacKinnon, a new Makar deal and a new Grubauer deal.

19 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Wookie already mentioned it but Newhook and Byram are their two realistic pieces that make a lot of sense. Because their first is very low they would have to add more in rostered players or high-level prospects.

I just don’t see how they afford Eichel, Rantanen, Landeskog, MacKinnon, a new Makar deal and a new Grubauer deal.

The last paragraph says it all. Can’t see how they could afford it unless they believe cap is going to explode a year or two earlier then most people think.

7 minutes ago, tom webster said:

The last paragraph says it all. Can’t see how they could afford it unless they believe cap is going to explode a year or two earlier then most people think.

It would need to be a deal with some salary coming back.

If Tampa can assemble a roster with Kucherov, Point, Stamkos, Cirelli, Hedman, Sergachev, Vasilevsky.......

then I don’t see why it’s impossible for Colorado to keep MacKinnon, Eichel, Rantanen, Landeskog, Makar, Girard, Grubauer.

34 minutes ago, Hoss said:

They hired Tampa’s cap strategists.😜

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

It would need to be a deal with some salary coming back.

If Tampa can assemble a roster with Kucherov, Point, Stamkos, Cirelli, Hedman, Sergachev, Vasilevsky.......

then I don’t see why it’s impossible for Colorado to keep MacKinnon, Eichel, Rantanen, Landeskog, Makar, Girard, Grubauer.

What a GD roster that would be. It's hockey/entertainment for jeepers sake - If I'm an Avs fan I would be off-the-walls stoked if we could trot all those guys out there. Hell, they may even "Kucherov" Eichel one day and he comes back and dominates in the playoffs. 

53 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I imagine Kadri would be coming this way to move salary. 

37 minutes ago, tom webster said:

They might also decide they’d rather let Landeskog go and use the cap space on Eichel, which IMHO would be a case of them outsmarting themselves.   

• Like (+1) 1

Samuel Girard is 23, signed for six more years at 6 Million AAV and Andre Burkovsky at 4.9 Million take care of the cap space. 

Girard, Newhook, another prospect and a 2022 1st plus Burkovsky as a cap dump is a starting point.

Burkovsky could be flipped at the deadline for a 1st as he has no trade protection, increasing the return further. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Samuel Girard is 23, signed for six more years at 6 Million AAV and Andre Burkovsky at 4.9 Million take care of the cap space. 

Girard, Newhook, another prospect and a 2022 1st plus Burkovsky as a cap dump is a starting point.

Burkovsky could be flipped at the deadline for a 1st as he has no trade protection, increasing the return further. 

Burakovsky has been very good since joining Colorado I wouldn’t view him as a cap dump and I don’t think Colorado would either.

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

What a GD roster that would be. It's hockey/entertainment for jeepers sake - If I'm an Avs fan I would be off-the-walls stoked if we could trot all those guys out there. Hell, they may even "Kucherov" Eichel one day and he comes back and dominates in the playoffs. 

That one day could be this year if they let him have the surgery or a season’s rest.

This may have been mentioned already but most teams in the trade talks agree with the Sabres on how to treat the injury. Looks like Jack is going to have to do some back-peddling on a lot of those press conference darts being subtly thrown in Buffalo's direction.

He's going to have to come up with some new excuses as to why he wants to be traded now. We all knew it was never the medical reason anyway, but it should get interesting now. If he does not change his mind on surgery, there are going to be a lot fewer teams in trade discussion.

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

This may have been mentioned already but most teams in the trade talks agree with the Sabres on how to treat the injury. Looks like Jack is going to have to do some back-peddling on a lot of those press conference darts being subtly thrown in Buffalo's direction.

He's going to have to come up with some new excuses as to why he wants to be traded now. We all knew it was never the medical reason anyway, but it should get interesting now. If he does not change his mind on surgery, there are going to be a lot fewer teams in trade discussion.

1st underlined: I am not surprised at that, but has that been said publicly?  I have had a couple of people say this privately.

1st and 2nd underlined: This probably hinges on who is on the hook if he gets hurt afterwards.

Overall: is part of the compromise on a trade some conditional picks based on Jack's health and play?  It seems like the simplest and fairest way to split the risk.

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

This reads as though it’s common knowledge that Eichel has requested a trade because of the medical difference of opinion.

Eichel doesn’t need to come up with any excuse for why he wants to be traded, because he hasn’t said he wants to be traded.  At least not where any of us can hear it.

My opinion:  Its not going to get interesting.  Neither Eichel or the team are going to say anything.  There won’t be any back peddling or real excuses/reasons stated.  We’ll just get vague cliches about how it was in the best interest of both parties to move on.  He’ll be traded and that will be that.

• Like (+1) 1