Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I think you misunderestimate the power that every ~10th person being an absolute ***** heel can have. Bills' games are always a paradigm, of sorts, for me on this topic. In the midst of 70,000 people, 7,000 as.sholes can do a LOT of damage. A lot. 

I'd be willing to bet 23,000 of those people suck

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I felt Safer in Moscow, Kampala, Bangkok, Mexico City, than I do in NYC... That city is truly a melting pot of trash. But it's our trash 😂

As for Jack, I'm completely expecting to be very underwhelmed by any return; it would be nice to know if Jack really really wants out as bad as his season presser may indicate. 

Felt super safe in NYC, but that was 2008 

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Reading between the lines on Vogl's tweet...how could it be anything but a pending trade?  Conversations "happening every day" points in only one direction especially considering the team is not budging on the surgery Jack wants. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

Reading between the lines on Vogl's tweet...how could it be anything but a pending trade?  Conversations "happening every day" points in only one direction especially considering the team is not budging on the surgery Jack wants. 

Yep

2 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

What if Jacks neck is actually getting better?

• Like (+1) 4

Resolution:

1. Jack has decided he won’t get the surgery. And to play this season for the Sabres.

2. Jack has decided he won’t get the surgery, but wants to be traded.

3. Jack has decided he wants the surgery and because they are at an impasse with the Sabres he wants to be traded.

4. Jack has told the Sabres he won’t get the surgery… Although he definitely wants it. He will play for the Sabres until the NMC kicks in and then demand the trade.

Any others?

8 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Resolution:

1. Jack has decided he won’t get the surgery. And to play this season for the Sabres.

2. Jack has decided he won’t get the surgery, but wants to be traded.

3. Jack has decided he wants the surgery and because they are at an impasse with the Sabres he wants to be traded.

4. Jack has told the Sabres he won’t get the surgery… Although he definitely wants it. He will play for the Sabres until the NMC kicks in and then demand the trade.

Any others?

Jack does not get the surgery because the team says no.  Buffalo seeks a trade but receives less than ideal offers.  Jack begins 2021-22 on the team, proves that he's healthy, and is traded during the season.

• Like (+1) 1

That tells me Jack’s camp believes a trade is close.

With Vogl reporting yesterday there was no chance the team and the player would kiss and make up,  it’s pretty hard to read this any other way.

• Like (+1) 3

I wanted to say this about Eichel...for the most part, his failure to lift the team up as captain and as #2 overall wasn't entirely his fault. Looking at this video, it appears that both parties weren't too thrilled with the selection. Buffalo's sole focus for tanking was McDavid. And when that rug was pulled out from under them, it appeared to have not been a match made in heaven. GMTM threw a tantrum and Eichel didn't look too thrilled either. So the Sabres didn't start off on the right foot with Eichel and this is where it ends...with a bad trade from an inexperienced GM no doubt.

36 minutes ago, Kong said:

I wanted to say this about Eichel...for the most part, his failure to lift the team up as captain and as #2 overall wasn't entirely his fault. Looking at this video, it appears that both parties weren't too thrilled with the selection. Buffalo's sole focus for tanking was McDavid. And when that rug was pulled out from under them, it appeared to have not been a match made in heaven. GMTM threw a tantrum and Eichel didn't look too thrilled either. So the Sabres didn't start off on the right foot with Eichel and this is where it ends...with a bad trade from an inexperienced GM no doubt.

What you're saying might be right, but I just watched that video and didn't see any evidence of it there...

How quickly we all forget Jack chugging a beer and exclaiming 'Buffalo, I'm coming for ya'

He's been passionate here, especially against our rivals. Jack has always wanted to be here, any notion otherwise is just projecting our own insecurities of Because Buffalo onto the final results we're seeing.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

How quickly we all forget Jack chugging a beer and exclaiming 'Buffalo, I'm coming for ya'

He's been passionate here, especially against our rivals. Jack has always wanted to be here, any notion otherwise is just projecting our own insecurities of Because Buffalo onto the final results we're seeing.

I'm going to miss him if he goes. 

He will win many awards 

2 hours ago, Kong said:

I could cry 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Why can't we keep him and just get wright next year and  He can join forces with Jack and we could become the new Tampa Bay Lightning..

Well partially because the draft lottery odds make that plan nearly impossible and mostly because Jack Eichel, myself and other fans would like burn down the arena if this were the plan. I know you’re trolling but any notion that more losing would appease Eichel is insanity.

6 hours ago, dudacek said:

That tells me Jack’s camp believes a trade is close.

With Vogl reporting yesterday there was no chance the team and the player would kiss and make up,  it’s pretty hard to read this any other way.

Yep, I would think if he wasn't getting traded , we would be told that.

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

The resolution could also very well be: Jack agrees to be a good soldier and play the first 10-15 games to prove his health and we promise to complete his trade then. 

I was under the impression Jack is not playing games for a while? Is he going to be ready in October?