Sabres Trade Eric Staal To Montreal for 2021 3rd and 5th Round Picks

Brawndo

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

he put the ass in asset management

A mere thumbs up wouldn't have conveyed how much I enjoyed dis.

BTW, for those bemoaning the Staal trade upthread, Johansson hasn't done anything for the Wild dis year (although he's missed much of it with injury, to be fair).

As for dis trade -- I don't think anyone reasonably could've expected more in return given how ineffective Staal was for the Sabres dis year.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

dis is absurd. Vesey and Simmonds, right? 

Jesus christ Jason 

I would rather have Vesey and Simmonds than picks in the 3d and 5th rounds.  NHL draft picks after the second round are nearly valueless, IMO.  Yes, teams hit on one here or there (hi Ryan; hi Viktor), but not often.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I would rather have Vesey and Simmonds than picks in the 3d and 5th rounds.  NHL draft picks after the second round are nearly valueless, IMO.  Yes, teams hit on one here or there (hi Ryan; hi Viktor), but not often.

A team being 2 picks short of a full draft slate for a season like th i s is what is ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 1

From the games I saw dis year, it was clear to me dat he wasn’t here for the long haul, and I believe he left his wife and kids in Minny because he knew dis was just a pit stop. 

Honestly though, I was not impressed with his work ethic in the slightest. I think he showed the kids how not to behave and it certainly rubbed off on them it seems.

Step one of changing the culture. Many more to go.

• Like (+1) 3

“Even though we have traded Staal we still don’t think there is any room on the roster for R2 to get a look.

Give me CJ Smith, R2, Fogarty for the rest of the season.  They have nothing to lose.  Fogarty atleast is the type of player they want “a Sabre” to be. Plays with some grit and passion.

Cozens, Mitts, R2, Sheahan should be the centre spine moving forward.  Let’s see what they have got.  What is the worst dat happens, they lose a couple games.😉

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yes, Eric's impact on our young players was obvious. Look at how well they've played.

Based on the way he played in Buffalo we should have been paying other team's to take him. Getting a 5th was a miracle, let alone a 5th and a 3rd.

***** dis and ***** dat and ***** you, Eric.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yes, Eric's impact on our young players was obvious. Look at how well they've played.

Based on the way he played in Buffalo we should have been paying other team's to take him. Getting a 5th was a miracle, let alone a 5th and a 3rd.

***** dis and ***** dat and ***** you, Eric.

Yeah. I know KA had to put dat statement out there but nothing I saw indicated Eric had any impact at all outside of showing the kids what not to do.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.