Sabres Trade Eric Staal To Montreal for 2021 3rd and 5th Round Picks

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Working on an Eric Staal Trade
Just now, Randall Flagg said:

One of my least favorite Sabres ever. 

dis has something to do with the fact dat he spent my childhood as my least favorite NHLer, but it is mostly because he was one of the lowest effort hockey players I've ever seen in dis uniform. 

I really appreciate how hard you're working to fit dis and dat into every post as many times as possible

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Is it him or was it a terrible coach and terrible player usage or all of the above?

The would leave Lazar and Eakin as our top 2 centers.  dat should really help us get back to winning a few games.  Who said things couldn’t get worse.

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

A 4th and 5th perhaps? 

With Montreal flipping him for a second on deadline day? 

4029E74D-39F2-4377-B999-453C9B079E51.png

At least we’ll get the extra 5th.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Is it him or was it a terrible coach and terrible player usage or all of the above?

The would leave Lazar and Eakin as our top 2 centers.  dat should really help us get back to winning a few games.  Who said things couldn’t get worse.

5th of what.  I’m partial to bourbon.  I need it after dis season.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Any NHL regular they put in his spot, minus Eakin of course, will perform better.  I’ve been paying particular attention to him and Hall lately.  Staal was doing the wrong thing every time he got near a puck.  You’d have a hard time convincing me dat he was a good player at one time.  Just awful. 

21 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

One of my least favorite Sabres ever. 

dis has something to do with the fact dat he spent my childhood as my least favorite NHLer, but it is mostly because he was one of the lowest effort hockey players I've ever seen in dis uniform. 

I laughed because of the dis or dats in dis. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The standard rate on a veteran rental with Staal’s prior pedigree is a 2. So it had better be Tampa’s late 2nd. And out of sheer decency MTL should add the 4th they swindled from JBot last season. Accept nothing less.

I suppose I will need to go real deep for dis draft... *****

• Haha (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Trade Eric Staal To Montreal for a 2021 3rd and 5th Round Picks

We did not have a 3rd or 5th round pick in dis draft until dis trade for what it is worth. 

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

dat’s  a nice return 

Just now, Brawndo said:

Sabres retaining 50% of Staal’s Cap Hit

If the retention got us an extra pick, sweet. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.