Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Punk move not laying the blame on Ralph where it clearly belongs. I have never seen a player so badly destroyed by a coach as Dahlin was by Kreuger, he literally went from among the worst defensemen in the league back to his old self the second that con man grifter got sacked.

RK ruined every single player, but Dahlin was most noticeable for sure. The Krueger stink rubbed off on everyone. 

26 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

RK ruined every single player, but Dahlin was most noticeable for sure. The Krueger stink rubbed off on everyone. 

Stunted. Not ruined.

Dahlin was the most noticeable it was only a stunting of his development. Not a ruination.

9 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Stunted. Not ruined.

Dahlin was the most noticeable it was only a stunting of his development. Not a ruination.

This is true. He took what every player did best and tried to get them to play differently. He definitely ruined their style of play. The guy was clueless. My way or the highway attitude.

I didn't know where to put this. This guy is 21 still playing in the USHL as a backup all year and undrafted FA heading to Minnesota State University-Mankato in the fall. Late bloomer or JAG?

11 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

So teams actually don't have to wait til the last minute to make big decisions? The Sabres are always left to pick up the scraps no one else wanted. Losers.

In this case no scraps. Seems zero chance of that president of hockey ops I wanted.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Radar said:

In this case no scraps. Seems zero chance of that president of hockey ops I wanted.

I get the sense the road to success/failure for the coming rebuild will ultimately run through Karmanos primarily. Adams more less functioning as the "president of hockey ops" and Karmanos managing much of the specifics.

10 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I get the sense the road to success/failure for the coming rebuild will ultimately run through Karmanos primarily. Adams more less functioning as the "president of hockey ops" and Karmanos managing much of the specifics.

I think you may be correct. Karmanos does have the experience. I'm not anti Adams but his inexperience in front office concerned me. With Karmonis I think it's much better. Still would have liked a POH ops but don't think that's to be. In any case I think what KA/Karmonis do with roster is more important than who the coach is. Short of a Gallant I'm okay with Granato. Players seem like him and let's face it it's not like he's inexperienced.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/21/2021 at 7:59 AM, Thorny said:

Hmm.  Maybe so. I think we need that Senior Hockey leader, and a GM, and an AGM.  Kim is not the answer above Adams. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

Gretzky leaving Edmonton again. Welcome to TV Wayne. 

Is he going to be in studio or doing color for ESPN?

Hopefully he's better at that than he was a coach or an actor.  He was brutal at both.

• Like (+1) 1