Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

7 hours ago, Radar said:

Not many. Of course forums such as this may not representative of the general fan base. Add to this I think negative or upset people tend to be more vocal.

Forums such as this are not as critical as most others.  We are more accepting of the Pegula suckiness. At least they don’t suck for the Bills. 

18 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Karmanos sounded like they will be bringing more people in eventually 

Zero urgency. 

If Rutherford really isn't coming, do we trust the reports that said it would depend on Pegula backing off?

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I don't know if I want rutherford here.

What about his track record turns you off? Three Stanley Cups to his name as a front office leader. Hockey Hall of Famer. Extensive experience as a player in the league.

47 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He ruined the penguins capwise , made some really bad trades.

A few questionable decisions yes, but no GM makes all great moves.  They certainly aren’t ruined cap-wise.  When you have a very good team for so many years, you are going to be capped out.

Also, he wouldn’t be coming in to be GM.

The story I heard was that Rutherford resigned as he had a trade worked out to move Kris LeTang and his huge contract but for whatever reason the owner was totally against that. Obviously clearing out Letang's contract would have freed up big cap space the Pens needed desperately. Heck maybe Rutherford can come here and move Skinner's and/or KO's contracts out (that would take a genius but he is good at moving out bad contracts). And yet again the Pens are going quite fine  and is a team he built. They make the playoffs pretty much every year and get big mileage out of so-so players (which is exactly what we need)

16 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

The story I heard was that Rutherford resigned as he had a trade worked out to move Kris LeTang and his huge contract but for whatever reason the owner was totally against that. Obviously clearing out Letang's contract would have freed up big cap space the Pens needed desperately. Heck maybe Rutherford can come here and move Skinner's and/or KO's contracts out (that would take a genius but he is good at moving out bad contracts). And yet again the Pens are going quite fine  and is a team he built. They make the playoffs pretty much every year and get big mileage out of so-so players (which is exactly what we need)

Their bottom six is horrible, they been looking for a 3C for years now, Their defense has been lacking even more.   Malkin, Crosby and Letang been carrying that team for years now.   If I was the owner I wouldn't want to trade my only good D either.

54 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

Yet Rutherford has hinted the opposite. He's stated on the record that Malkin, Crosby, Letang and Fleury should be able to retire as Penguins, and that trading Fleury is one of his biggest regrets.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yet Rutherford has hinted the opposite. He's stated on the record that Malkin, Crosby, Letang and Fleury should be able to retire as Penguins, and that trading Fleury is one of his biggest regrets.

@darksabre gave me the idea for this with his swell combining of Adams and Karmanos's names in the other thread, but I'll submit: KarThanos. Wipe out half the roster in the name of a better future 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This wouldn't happen, but I wonder if Eriksson plus something like Beagle could swap for Skinner.  Two expiring contracts who are terrible, for one long term possible re-energized move.  Plus, Benning was supposedly interested in him prior to him re-signing in Buffalo.

39 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

This wouldn't happen, but I wonder if Eriksson plus something like Beagle could swap for Skinner.  Two expiring contracts who are terrible, for one long term possible re-energized move.  Plus, Benning was supposedly interested in him prior to him re-signing in Buffalo.

Skinner has a full NMC and is from Ontario. He isn't going to Vancouver. 

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Love Mike Commodore

Punk move not laying the blame on Ralph where it clearly belongs. I have never seen a player so badly destroyed by a coach as Dahlin was by Kreuger, he literally went from among the worst defensemen in the league back to his old self the second that con man grifter got sacked.

• Like (+1) 2