COVID-19

Indabuff

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

16 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

It is an immuno surppressant designed to calm a hyperactive immune system.  The very nature of it is to calm the immune system in the later stages of COVID-19 infection when the immune system is hyperactive to try to calm it enough that the normal immune system levels would kick in to fight the COVIS-19, which seems counter-intuitive to me.

Mind you, I'm no doctor, or scientist, so maybe I'm just blowing stuff out of my ass here ...

Unsure. Just saw the study and thought I would post it. 

• Like (+1) 1

New York now just said that if going in a public place where you can't social distance you are mandated to wear a mask (I heard this from a friend, so idk the specifics) but, shouldn't this have been a thing from the start, seems weird that the timing comes after NYS is on the "downtrend" I feel the people making these calls just simply don't have a clue, can't wrap my head around decisions simply from a common sense standpoint. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nucci said:

do you see the irony as a Sabre fan?

If a laffs fan wanted to go there I remind them only one NHL team has ever been awarded a trophy on the Scotiabank Place and it was NOT the laffs. Also if the Sabres got to play 25 or so seasons in a 6 team league we would have won a couple of cups. 

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

New York now just said that if going in a public place where you can't social distance you are mandated to wear a mask (I heard this from a friend, so idk the specifics) but, shouldn't this have been a thing from the start, seems weird that the timing comes after NYS is on the "downtrend" I feel the people making these calls just simply don't have a clue, can't wrap my head around decisions simply from a common sense standpoint. 

I think they probably wanted to prevent people from panic buying and hoarding masks (more than they did.)

• Like (+1) 4

In NY, You have to wear a mask when out in public IF you think you will be within 6 ft. of another person.
Example: shopping for groceries or at the drs. or pharmacy.

It does NOT include you going for a walk/ride outside. Because you can most likely spread out way more than 6 ft.

It will not be enforced by the local police. Cuomo says “I’ll rely on the general public to enforce it”.

All in all, I look at it as,  most are trying to do the right thing with policy’s, procedures, and precautions. The vast vast minority are ignoring anything a politician or dr. says and/or just want to see the world burn and have a bad case of oppositional defiance.

Edited by Zamboni

13 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It wasn't a thing from the start because the state didn't want us buying up masks and depriving those who really need them.  That was the right move.

But now we don't have the masks that we're supposed to wear.  My understanding is that anything covering the mouth and nose is ok.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It wasn't a thing from the start because the state didn't want us buying up masks and depriving those who really need them.  That was the right move.

But now we don't have the masks that we're supposed to wear.  My understanding is that anything covering the mouth and nose is ok.

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. As far as masks, bandanas/cloth are OK and the combination of 2 people wearing something actually significantly decrease chance of transmission.... Even N95 aren't 100% and if they fit/worn wrong are actually not that protective. 

It's true the point of most masks is to keep your stuff out of the general publics stuff. 

I still see a ton of people in their cars alone driving with a mask on, must be really uncomfortable 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

still see a ton of people in their cars alone driving with a mask on, must be really uncomfortable 

Yeah, I don't understand this.  I'm alone in an enclosed space.  No need for a mask.  Heck, there's barely a need for pants.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Cuomo said this because not all people were applying common sense and as he attempts to reopen NYS and now more cloth masks are available he is going to require it and enforce it.

24 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I still see a ton of people in their cars alone driving with a mask on, must be really uncomfortable 

Makes no sense to me as well those who lower their mask below their nose... what is the point?!

31 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

A family in my neigborhood was out in the backyard grilling the other day, all wearing masks.  I wish they'd come up with more concrete directions on mask use because so many people have absolutely no clue when is the right time to wear them.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

A family in my neigborhood was out in the backyard grilling the other day, all wearing masks.  I wish they'd come up with more concrete directions on mask use because so many people have absolutely no clue when is the right time to wear them.

I'm actually surprised that in all of this chaos, that no one from the leadership level put out a piece on the news or something regarding mask etiquette and etc. People are hawking the news stations, so it seems it would be rather easy. I'd do it for free 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, I don't understand this.  I'm alone in an enclosed space.  No need for a mask.  Heck, there's barely a need for pants.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I had no pants on for my last band rehearsal.

Pics!!  We want PICS!!  Better yet VIDEOS!!

+++++

I am glad that we are able to start laughing again.

12 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm actually surprised that in all of this chaos, that no one from the leadership level put out a piece on the news or something regarding mask etiquette and etc. People are hawking the news stations, so it seems it would be rather easy. I'd do it for free 

Ha, the news stations.  Each time I see a reporter out in the field right now, they have their mask on and it's pulled down below their mouth.

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

How has Toronto, a city of several million people, have so few cases and deaths from COVID-19?

https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/covid-19-latest-city-of-toronto-news/covid-19-status-of-cases-in-toronto/

First of all, I don't think those numbers are a true reflection.

Second, the people in The Great Satan are so full of themselves, they would not allow themselves to test positive, even when they are.  True story.

(actually, I'm only half way joking on point 2) ...

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I'm an idiot ...
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Makes no sense to me as well those who lower their mask below their nose... what is the point?!

4 hours ago, shrader said:

I think there is a sizeable part of the population, maybe as high as 20%, that really does not have even a very base level of understanding regarding how this stuff works and they just do what they are told.  Explicitly.  Because they don't have enough understanding to fill in the blanks and act prudently.

• Like (+1) 1