COVID-19

Indabuff

I work overnight and had some aches while working during the second dose but it's hard as hell to call off when you work overnight so I worked through it. Was totally out of it but work with a strong group so that helped.

50 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Had my second this morning. Man I feel like crap. 

Good.  It's working!

28 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I work overnight and had some aches while working during the second dose but it's hard as hell to call off when you work overnight so I worked through it. Was totally out of it but work with a strong group so that helped.

I felt similarly ***** after both doses of Moderna.  Basically brain fog the first day, hangover symptoms the second, better by the evening of the second day.  I had both doses on a Saturday so I was off for the weekend, but if I would have had to work I could have.  I wouldn't have enjoyed it though.

21 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm just suspicious that if you hear you're going to have x, y, z you will end up having x, y, z and maybe a q. FOMO isn't the fear of missing out of the side effects; it's the fear of missing out on telling people you had the side effects, and your side effects were worse than theirs. In the end, it might be as simple as wishful thinking. The worse the reaction, the better the vaccine worked.

Ah I see.  Well, maybe.  All I know is I got some high-quality sleep.

this seems incredibly logical. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-private-school-centner-academy-233603240.html

excerpt from the story

A private school with two campuses in Miami has warned its staff against taking vaccines that prevent COVID-19, saying it will not employ anyone who has been inoculated and spreading misinformation about the potential risks of vaccination.

Leila Centner, who co-founded the school with husband David Centner, warned that vaccinated persons “may be transmitting something from their bodies” that could harm others, particularly the “reproductive systems, fertility, and normal growth and development in women and children.”

by the way, my neighbor is a reptile alien who might be trying to harvest my organs. 

Edited by Mike Honcho
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

this seems incredibly logical. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-private-school-centner-academy-233603240.html

excerpt from the story

by the way, my neighbor is a reptile alien who might be trying to harvest my organs. 

As a private school, I suppose they could what they want. That said what a bunch of trash, if I would submit my resignation immediately if I worked there. Irresponsible and stupid. 

Actually, the school couldn't find out if someone was vaccinated. You could just lie and say you weren't and they wouldn't have a way to find out otherwise. 

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

Getting my first shot of Astra Zeneca this Friday. I’ve heard of hangover type side effects.

The alternative was Sputnik V but I was leary about them adding a microchip that would be linked to my phone.

Oh it's actually nice. The Moderna is linked up after my second shot and just before I sneeze Bill Gates texts "Gezunteit"

• Haha (+1) 2

On 4/25/2021 at 5:38 AM, Thwomp! said:

16 year old son had his first shot today. Pfizer. Doing fine except a sore arm so far.

Jesus, my 65 yr old mother just got her appointment , my stepdad still waiting.

Also I'm not doing pfizer or moderna, EU has banned GMO food and should do same with GMO vaccines.

Will stick to J&J one.   Though they don't seem to give us a choice on which one to take.

1st shot tomorrow, 2nd shot scheduled for.....May 26th? Well, alrighty then.

On a very somber, sad, side note, I posted earlier my 72 yr old mom went to Roswell last week for testing. Stage 4, terminal 😞

I am numb. My mother is a huge part of me. I put on a good show visiting her today, but ya, tears, a lot of tears behind my sunglasses.

• Sad 8

12 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

On a very somber, sad, side note, I posted earlier my 72 yr old mom went to Roswell last week for testing. Stage 4, terminal 😞

I am numb. My mother is a huge part of me. I put on a good show visiting her today, but ya, tears, a lot of tears behind my sunglasses.

***** cancer.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

God bless you and your mom.  Hang in there.

• Like (+1) 2

Very sorry to hear. Lost my mother and brother to cancer. 

• Sad 2

Sorry dude. It sucks going that way    
you are there it’s all she wants. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

It's evident you are a loving son and your mother is a loving mother. You are blessed to have such a wonderful relationship.

• Like (+1) 1

I voted on the Covid vaccine poll. I got my second Moderna shot the day before a flight to Buffalo to see my Dad and my Sibs for a Easter weekend.  

Got the jab at 1:00pm. Was incredibly tired at 9:00 pm. Went to bed early for me.  Slept until 430 am.  Flew to Buff at 700 am.  Landed in Buff at 1130 am, got a rental car and visited my wife’s sons  house in the Town of Tonawanda.    By 2:00pm I was so tired I took a very rare nap.   Slept until 6:00. Got up and partied.   Great long weekend.  

Feeling great.  Most people will get a fatigue feel.  Your mileage may vary.   

• Like (+1) 1