16 hours ago, Doohickie said:

By the way... if you're thinking bout just getting the first shot and skipping the second:  My cousin was in between the first and second shot and she caught Covid and passed away.

This is terrible -- I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

• Thanks (+1) 1

just 2 days ago i read an article that the cdc said the vaccines offer enough protection for the variants. now today, i read that this article says its a risk. clickbait garbage/fearmongering? probably. i dont know why i bother

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/8aa05982-c165-355a-88f5-a3e8ac43fc91/cdc-says-now-dominant-variant.html

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

just 2 days ago i read an article that the cdc said the vaccines offer enough protection for the variants. now today, i read that this article says its a risk. clickbait garbage/fearmongering? probably. i dont know why i bother

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/8aa05982-c165-355a-88f5-a3e8ac43fc91/cdc-says-now-dominant-variant.html

I don’t understand what you are saying here or what your concern is.  This article does not say that the current vaccines do not offer protection against any variant.

Got my second shot yesterday at 8am. Felt fine until around midnight when I woke up with vomiting, nausea, cold sweats and a fever. Starting to feel better now but still not doing great. The vaccines side-effects have been significantly worse than when I had Covid.  

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Got my second shot yesterday at 8am. Felt fine until around midnight when I woke up with vomiting, nausea, cold sweats and a fever. Starting to feel better now but still not doing great. The vaccines side-effects have been significantly worse than when I had Covid.  

That sucks.  Feel better soon.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

That isn’t what you read in the article you linked.

I wonder how much of side effects can be attributed to psychosomatic factors. You've heard the stories where someone on a plane gets sick and then a lot of other passengers fall ill for no apparent reason.

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I wonder how much of side effects can be attributed to psychosomatic factors. You've heard the stories where someone on a plane gets sick and then a lot of other passengers fall ill for no apparent reason.

Yeah, there was a documentary about that.  I think the Zucker brothers made it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Got my first Puh-Fizer Shot today. I’m more uplifted by getting it than I would have thought. Can’t wait to get the second. Wednesday was the year anniversary of my sister’s passing and I really want to hug my mom.

• Like (+1) 1
1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Got my first Puh-Fizer Shot today. I’m more uplifted by getting it than I would have thought. Can’t wait to get the second. Wednesday was the year anniversary of my sister’s passing and I really want to hug my mom.

I got Moderna yesterday and felt the same way.  I have not been as impacted by COVID as others and certainly not like you so I can only imagine how you are feeling. I'll just assume at least 10x more uplifted than I.

I look forward to the day you post about hugging your Mom.

• Like (+1) 5
14 hours ago, #freejame said:

Pfizer or Moderna?

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

I’m more uplifted by getting it than I would have thought.

I felt that same emotion when I got my first Moderna.  The second one I didn't have that same sense, perhaps because you have to wait two weeks before the vaccine is fully effective.  Saturday (today) is VE Day for me:  Vaccine Effective Day.

• Like (+1) 1
8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Pfizer or Moderna?

I felt that same emotion when I got my first Moderna.  The second one I didn't have that same sense, perhaps because you have to wait two weeks before the vaccine is fully effective.  Saturday (today) is VE Day for me:  Vaccine Effective Day.

Pfizer. I’m feeling perfectly fine this morning though, just a 24 hour bug. 

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

We’re in the Finger Lakes for the next 4 days.  Wow have things changed at the wineries since Covid has hit.

We've been going throughout the pandemic. They're certainly different now.

Which ones are you going to by the way? Always like Bilsboro and Fox Run ourselves.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1
3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Which ones are you going to by the way? Always like Bilsboro and Fox Run ourselves.

I'm a big Hunt Country and Glenora fan (Glenora because of the ambience) 

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

We’re in the Finger Lakes for the next 4 days.  Wow have things changed at the wineries since Covid has hit.

Hit up Seneca Farms in Penn Yan. Fried chicken and ice cream. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm a big Hunt Country and Glenora fan (Glenora because of the ambience) 

Hit up Seneca Farms in Penn Yan. Fried chicken and ice cream. 

We’re long time veterans of this.  Seneca Farms has been a lunch spot tor 20 yrs

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We’re staying in a farm house just east of Keuka Lake so will concentrate there.

• Like (+1) 2
3 minutes ago, Weave said:

We’re staying in a farm house just east of Keuka Lake so will concentrate there.

Have you ever been to Abandoned Brewing? I know you said wine tour but the view from there is great. 

• Like (+1) 1
7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Have you ever been to Abandoned Brewing? I know you said wine tour but the view from there is great. 

Its our next stop.  Abandon is a good reason why we come here.  Not uncommon for us to spend the better part of a day there.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 2
Just now, Weave said:

Abandon is a good reason why we come here.  Not uncommon for us to spend the better part of a day there.

I going down in June and plan to spend an afternoon there.