COVID-19

Indabuff

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Bwaaahahhahahahahahaa!!!!

https://www.newsweek.com/ted-nugent-tests-positive-covid-thought-dying-pandemic-1584973

Couldn’t happen to a bigger douche.

He wanted to know why we weren’t shut down for Covids 1 through 18.

I hated covid 12 the most. It made my eyes turn purple and then they fell out. Thankfully it was only temporary and my eyes returned 

Remember Covid 6 caused those assassination cyborgs to come from the future and caused such a ruckus. Was weird though how one was evil than he was a hero a few years later

Edited by Mike Honcho
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Had Covid 9 weeks ago.   First shot Wednesday. 

Strong reaction for 36hrs, feel perfectly fine today.    

Pfizer? I only had a sore arm for a few days, but I never got covid (unless the flu I had last January was it). Getting my 2nd shot today. From what I hear you get a stronger reaction from it.

10 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

Pfizer? I only had a sore arm for a few days, but I never got covid (unless the flu I had last January was it). Getting my 2nd shot today. From what I hear you get a stronger reaction from it.

I got the moderna vaccine.   First shot had no reaction to speak of.  Second shot had me feeling almost hungover for about 36hrs.  Had a runny nose too.  But probably the most notable reaction was my arm was feverish at the injection site for 4 days.

37 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

moderna

fever, fatigue and body ache on par with the actual virus

tylenol throughout the day

slept 12hrs

woke up feeling back to normal

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, drnkirishone said:

Not necessarily. Don't expect it.

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

is a second dose really necessary?    

having such a strong reaction to the first dose after having COVID not too long ago... seems like a second dose is overkill.

It probably is according to docs I spoke with but with variants out there better to be above 95% 

9 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

having such a strong reaction to the first dose after having COVID not too long ago... seems like a second dose is overkill.

Well they are already planning for boosters so I’m inclined to think that this isn’t lasting immunity like measles or polio.

40 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Yes. I would guess you will have a milder reaction but I am not a doctor. 

31 minutes ago, Weave said:

Well they are already planning for boosters so I’m inclined to think that this isn’t lasting immunity like measles or polio.

I think the worry is mutation but they recommend a shingles boster now so part of it is understanding more about diseases. 

On 4/8/2021 at 9:32 AM, LabattBlue said:

Wife and I getting our 2nd doses this weekend.  While I know we still have to be safe, it will feel so much better knowing we have been vaccinated.  

Well...had absolutely no symptoms after 2nd dose.  I’m now at the 2 week “post 2nd dose” mark.  Am i now invincible? 🥳

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Well...had absolutely no symptoms after 2nd dose.  I’m now at the 2 week “post 2nd dose” mark.  Am i now invincible? 🥳

Just had my 2nd Wednesday.  No after effects at all.  My arm wasn't even very sore.  I know I'm lucky, several people have had a bad few days after their 2nd shot.

• Like (+1) 2

Got my second Pfizer does on Thursday.  Yesterday was unpleasant.  Made it about 3.5 hours at work before giving up.  Had chills, aches, lightheadedness, fatigue, intermittent nausea, and a fever that was sitting at 102.4 when I went to sleep last night.  Woke up this morning feeling totally fine except for soreness at the injection site, and my temp is down to 99.4.  Glad that's over.

• Like (+1) 5

after i got my second shot i started getting these spots in random places on my neck and the back of my head. they look like pimples, but bigger and very painful if i touch them. im going to make an appointment with my dr. 

Edited by Mike Honcho

12 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

after i got my second shot i started getting these spots in random places on my neck and the back of my head. they look like pimples, but bigger and very painful if i touch them. im going to make an appointment with my dr. 

Hopefully it goes away quick and all is well. 

17 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I got these too. They eventually went away. 

got my 2nd pfizer shot on Friday. Friday night the arm that got the shot in was sore to the point of painful to touch and I started to get that "I am getting sick" body ache. By the time I got up on Saturday my arm felt fine, but I still had the body ache and felt like I had a slight fever (no raised temp thou). Sunday I felt fine.

Also Friday night and all day Saturday I had a strong seasonal allergy response (watery/itching eyes). I don't think it was related to the vaccine as it is allergy season and everyone is cutting lawns and such.

Also if anyone is looking for it, OfficeMax/OfficeDepot is offering to copy/shrink (down to credit card size) and laminate the copy of the vaccine card for free. the offer runs thru sometime in July

They have data on the most common side effects. They're not common enough to support the anecdotal stories you hear about the almost unlimited array of reactions they had. I'm intrigued. Is it some combination of mind over matter and FOMO? (At my workplace, it was almost comical. "You threw up for three hours and your left calf was on fire? I threw up for FOUR hours and both calves were on fire!")

Edited by PASabreFan

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

They have data on the most common side effects. They're not common enough to support the anecdotal stories you hear about the almost unlimited array of reactions they had. I'm intrigued. Is it some combination of mind over matter and FOMO? (At my workplace, it was almost comical. "You threw up for three hours and your left calf was on fire? I threw up for FOUR hours and both calves were on fire!")

I don't know that FOMO would apply here; who is afraid of missing out on side effects?

I didn't throw up or have a fever; however, for about 18 hours, I felt like I had been ripping bong hits.  Slept through most of it.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't know that FOMO would apply here; who is afraid of missing out on side effects?

I didn't throw up or have a fever; however, for about 18 hours, I felt like I had been ripping bong hits.  Slept through most of it.

I'm just suspicious that if you hear you're going to have x, y, z you will end up having x, y, z and maybe a q. FOMO isn't the fear of missing out of the side effects; it's the fear of missing out on telling people you had the side effects, and your side effects were worse than theirs. In the end, it might be as simple as wishful thinking. The worse the reaction, the better the vaccine worked.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, #freejame said:

I got these too. They eventually went away. 

Its been 6 weeks since my 2nd shot. The last one i had has healed and i haven't yet had a new one appear. Hopefully it is over

I was sick with head cold for 4 days right after i got my shot, but my wife had a cold, so i suspect I cought it too. With that said, i was really tired for those 4 days. The fifth day i was fine, as if i had nothing.  My first shot i had a headache for a few days, but im prone to headaches and get them a couple of times a week normally, so again may be unrelated to the shot. 

The only unexplained effect i have had are these painful pimples which I hope are over now. I definitely don't have a fomo of side effects, im glad i generally have had no issues. 

Now that im vaccinated i have been going to stores and such, which I hadn't done in a year. I also went to eat with my wife, but it was outside. when we got there, there was only one other couple. When we ledt 2 more families arrived and i started to get a little anxious and I put my mask on. We only stayed about 5 to 10 minutes when the family got there. I think my wife saw i was anxious. I kept saying we could just eat in the car, we got sandwiches, but she really didn't want to, so i gave in

Edited by Mike Honcho