COVID-19

Indabuff

3 hours ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

1. Later this year.  And "could be."  And probably nonsense, but we'll see.

2.  So stay 24 feet away instead.  I know I'll appreciate it.

Update on my mum.

Tomorrow 4 - 6 hours, Sunday 4 hours, Monday 1 - 4 hours treatments. Then 3 weeks and do it again. Full body MRI.

This type of cancer is aggressive, but the Doctors at Roswell don't put a time frame because each individual reacts differently.

We were talking and mum mentioned losing her hair, we're getting her CBD, pot, edibles, whatever she wants, she laughed. She looked at me and said "so, your mom's going to be a stoner". I smiled and told her I'm getting her a 60's hippy wig, a Bob Marley shirt and a pair of cool shades so she can fully play the part. 😄

We laughed and joked for a good time about that today. Trying to make the best of the situation, anything to keep her mind off the gloom.

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Update on my mum.

Tomorrow 4 - 6 hours, Sunday 4 hours, Monday 1 - 4 hours treatments. Then 3 weeks and do it again. Full body MRI.

This type of cancer is aggressive, but the Doctors at Roswell don't put a time frame because each individual reacts differently.

We were talking and mum mentioned losing her hair, we're getting her CBD, pot, edibles, whatever she wants, she laughed. She looked at me and said "so, your mom's going to be a stoner". I smiled and told her I'm getting her a 60's hippy wig, a Bob Marley shirt and a pair of cool shades so she can fully play the part. 😄

We laughed and joked for a good time about that today. Trying to make the best of the situation, anything to keep her mind off the gloom.

You, your mom and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Update on my mum.

I wish you and your mother the absolute best and will keep you both in my prayers. I went through the same surprise stage 4 diagnosis with my mom in 2019, so I understand how hard it can be.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Eleven said:

1. Later this year.  And "could be."  And probably nonsense, but we'll see.

2.  So stay 24 feet away instead.  I know I'll appreciate it.

Why would Pfizer take a drug to clinical trial unless it showed some promise?

Why 24 feet? Why 6 feet? Show your work including all calculations.

On 4/27/2021 at 4:26 PM, French Collection said:

Getting my first shot of Astra Zeneca this Friday. I’ve heard of hangover type side effects.

The alternative was Sputnik V but I was leary about them adding a microchip that would be linked to my phone.

Just got my second Pfizer this afternoon.

Good thing you didn’t get that Sputnik.  The Bluetooth microchip works fine, but it translates everything into Russian.  🇷🇺 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

Why 24 feet? Why 6 feet? Show your work including all calculations.

When you are breathing stuff into the air, the farther away from me you are, the less likely I am to breathe that stuff in.  It’s really not much more complicated than that.

• Like (+1) 1

Got my Pfizer vaccine 2nd dose this afternoon.  I’ll let you know how I feel, and we’ll see if my new Gates microchip gets Bluetooth or starts downloading automatic Microsoft updates or anything.

Also, vaccines are incredibly accessible around here (Albany area).  Anyone 16+ who wants to get it, can get it basically at their convenience.

I got mine at Walmart, and while I was there they announced over the PA that anyone who wants to get it should go to the pharmacy.  I think they were going to do it on the spot for anyone.  Maybe they had some extra from cancellations earlier in the day.

Edited by Curt
  • Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

Why is 6 the magic number?  Why not 8 or 10 or some other number?d

I don’t think it’s a magic number.  It was probably determined that a 6 ft distance would provide some protection while also being practical to implement.

If it was for maximum safety, the guideline would probably have been 50 ft or something, but that’s useless because no business could implement it.

4 hours ago, Curt said:

Got my Pfizer vaccine 2nd dose this afternoon.  I’ll let you know how I feel, and we’ll see if my new Gates microchip gets Bluetooth or starts downloading automatic Microsoft updates or anything.

Also, vaccines are incredibly accessible around here (Albany area).  Anyone 16+ who wants to get it, can get it basically at their convenience.

I got mine at Walmart, and while I was there they announced over the PA that anyone who wants to get it should go to the pharmacy.  I think they were going to do it on the spot for anyone.  Maybe they had some extra from cancellations earlier in the day.

My 2nd is the 26th, Moderna.

Ya, I read what all who have done it post. I'm already prepping my employer, told them I may take the extended Memorial Day time.

4 hours ago, Curt said:

Got the same one.  Body felt stiff and achy the day after.  Slept 10 hours and was fine.

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Ya, I read what all who have done it post. I'm already prepping my employer, told them I may take the extended Memorial Day time.

Stay hydrated and get lots of sleep. You should be g2g.

• Like (+1) 2

When I got my 2nd Moderna a few weeks ago, the side effects took over 24 hours to hit me. Ugh! That was not fun. Having to throw my winter parka on when it was close to 70 degrees F outside due to a chill attack left my wife wondering if I'd lost my mind. (No, dear. Just a couple of marbles, but you knew that before we tied the knot in 97.)

7 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I think it's a mistake to expect problems. Despite stories you hear the data is clear that many people have no to very minor side effects.

• Like (+1) 3

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/except-for-sore-arm-3-out-of-4-people-didnt-report-covid-19-vaccine-side-effects

Across social media, people who’ve received the COVID-19 vaccine are sharing stories of the temporary side effects they’ve willingly endured to gain immunity from a virus that has killed millions of people worldwide.

For many, this is a badge of honor, much like the FOMO-inducing vaccine selfie.

One person on Twitter compared the side effects to “the worst hangover” they’ve ever had, with another saying the second dose of the mRNA vaccine hit them “like a truck.”

While systemic side effects such as fatigue and headache can occur after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, a new studyTrusted Source suggests that only around 1 in 4 people actually experience them.