COVID-19

Indabuff

On 3/27/2021 at 1:17 AM, pi2000 said:

Had covid early feb (+test and symptoms)   Also a regular blood donor cuz of rare blood type. 

Anyway.. donated 2 weeks after last symptoms, which is the guideline.   They test for covid antibodies, cuz they want your plasma which can help covid patients.   

Antibody test came back neither positive or negative... rather "reactive"... which means you have antibodies for the spike protein but not the actual virus body.   So not sure what dat's all about.

I was tested because the local blood bank was offering free tests with a donation, so a win,win. The place was mobbed for 2 months.

Tested positive for antibodies and scheduled a plasma donation. Had to wait two weeks for an appointment because of the over whelming positive results and people wanting to give plasma with antibodies.

Went to give plasma and my antibodies a second time and was informed that they no longer wanted my antibodies but please donate plasma as I am a universal plasma donor. They had no demand and ample supply of the antibodies is the reason I was given.

Edited by woods-racer

19 hours ago, darksabre said:

Honestly, I suspect what you might see happen is that a lot of us younger folk will be rushing out to get it ASAP and that slots won't be as hard to get as we get closer to summer. I'm not seeing much in the line of hesitation from people in the under-40 group.

(and I say this as someone who has never had a flu shot in his life)

A lot of the younger folks have already been given the vaccination around here. If you want one here, you just need to tell them your age and say you are a care giver to an elderly person. Get the shot the next day.

4 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Although the story says some positive tests after vaccine is expected, i feel the title is fear mongering or at minimum click bait.sorry, im just tired of bull ***** media these days

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/over-100-fully-vaccinated-people-115339262.html

I clicked. It's solid reporting.

We just had an outbreak at a fully-vacinated local care home.

Five cases recorded, worst symptoms described as "moderate cold." Public health said statistically, prior to vaccination, they would have expected two deaths.

My 25-year-old daughter getting her shot today. I'm still probably about two months away. We seem well behind you Americans, but they are expecting all willing adults in B.C. to have their first shots by the beginning of July.

Edited by dudacek

Just got my first Pfizer shot.  Appointment in 3 weeks for the 2nd.  Process was fairly smooth but I went to a major medical facility near me.

I had covid in early to mid December.  Luckily very mild symptoms.  I've had worse colds.  The biggest pain was the 2 week quarantine and calling everyone I had been in contact with, which I did give it to one other person prior to having symptoms and me knowing I had it.  The other person is fine as well thankfully.

I am all ready to do my part to get civilization as back to normal as possible.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:28 PM, Mike Honcho said:

congratulations.

my mother lives in NY and refuses to get the vaccine until she speaks to her doctor, which is in june. however, she refuses to call the doctor now. my mother is 71, and in not great health. i am 100% sure her doctor will tell her to get it.  if she waits until june, it will be available to everyone 18+ and it will be silly hard for her to get something

Is Your Sister or Yourself Your Mom’s Health Care Proxy? 

One of you could call the Doctors Office and tell them about Your Mom’s Thought Process. I imagine they will call Your Mom and discuss Her Concerns and expedite the process 

18 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Is Your Sister or Yourself Your Mom’s Health Care Proxy? 

One of you could call the Doctors Office and tell them about Your Mom’s Thought Process. I imagine they will call Your Mom and discuss Her Concerns and expedite the process 

no, she still takes care of herself at this point. i suspect you are correct though, that if we called the dr, they would call her. however, i think my mother would get annoyed with us

On 3/30/2021 at 2:28 PM, Mike Honcho said:

congratulations.

my mother lives in NY and refuses to get the vaccine until she speaks to her doctor, which is in june. however, she refuses to call the doctor now. my mother is 71, and in not great health. i am 100% sure her doctor will tell her to get it.  if she waits until june, it will be available to everyone 18+ and it will be silly hard for her to get something

I just lost a cousin to Covid... she was 72.

22 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I have multiple coworkers that have used this site to find empty slots for an available vaccine near them, most have gotten one within a week.

https://getmyvaccine.org/

this is a cool site. i dont know anyone that wants the vaccine at this point, but it looks like it would be really helpful

7 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I just lost a cousin to Covid... she was 72.

i am really sorry to hear it

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

no, she still takes care of herself at this point. i suspect you are correct though, that if we called the dr, they would call her. however, i think my mother would get annoyed with us

I suspect She’ll get over it

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

Very cool to have support when needed.

I hate needles too. However the guy that gave me my second dose enforced it. He rammed it in my arm so hard. The first shot was much better. 

Not related to covid, but im going to my first store since being vaccinated. i had only left the house a handful of times this past year. Im excited to go. Previously if i went to the store i would run in get what i needed and left, not slowing down. this time im going to look around for a few minutes

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

They won’t get the vaccine?

Actually that was in regards to Mike Honcho’s Mom being reluctant to get vaccinated. 

My Parents were vaccinated in February, I didn’t give them a choice 😬

My Wife got Her First Dose of Moderna Yesterday. 

We live in Buffalo and she went from being scheduled for  Her Vaccine in Corning, To Rochester and to finally getting it in Lockport in 18 hours. 

Edited by Brawndo

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Actually that was in regards to Mike Honcho’s Mom being reluctant to get vaccinated. 

My Parents were vaccinated in February, I didn’t give them a choice 😬

My Wife got Her First Dose of Moderna Yesterday. 

We live in Buffalo and she went from getting Her Vaccine in Corning, To Rochester and to finally getting it in Lockport in 18 hours. 

My dad who had just turned 90 last summer, went from feeling like he had a cold, to being in the hospital, testing positive, and then gone...all in the span of a week.   

• Sad 4

21 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

My dad who had just turned 90 last summer, went from feeling like he had a cold, to being in the hospital, testing positive, and then gone...all in the span of a week.   

That is sad.

Covid scared the hell out of us when my wife got it last month.  Flu my ass.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m so sorry to hear this, I have seen this happen too many times in the past year. 

• Like (+1) 1