COVID-19

Indabuff

Let me give another example of a public health issue that is not political.

Smoking in airplanes and restaurants.  At some point, scientists determined that it was harmful to society.  So we don't do that anymore.

Not everything is political.  Not every individual sacrifice for the greater good is some act of bowing to the control of others.

23 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Let me give another example of a public health issue that is not political.

Smoking in airplanes and restaurants.  At some point, scientists determined that it was harmful to society.  So we don't do that anymore.

Not everything is political.  Not every individual sacrifice for the greater good is some act of bowing to the control of 

lol everything IS political. the status quo of america didn't just happen by accident

posts got moved to a locked thread? to which i say get f cked sabrespace mods

• Haha (+1) 1

The majority of the people I come across who aren't vaccinated aren't doing so is because they think Covid is BS (not to say they don't believe it, they just don't care). Those people tend to be on the right. People on different sides of the aisle have different reasons for being anti-vax. If you are on the left and are anti-vax, it tends to be out of concerns of autism (learn more: http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/). If you are on the right and are anti-vax, it tends to be because of concerns of what is in the vaccine and where the material is sourced from (embryos). A third group has emerged for the vaccine which seems to have looked up the ingredient list and is fearful of the effects of what it will be on their body. I don't fully believe anyone thinks they are going to be microchipped, but maybe I am wrong. 

27 minutes ago, qwksndmonster said:

lol everything IS political. the status quo of america didn't just happen by accident

posts got moved to a locked thread? to which i say get f cked sabrespace mods

No, everything is not political.

8 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I don't fully believe anyone thinks they are going to be microchipped, but maybe I am wrong. 

I got the one with the microchip.  I don’t need my ear buds to listen to Bluetooth from my phone anymore.  No bad side effects though.

• Haha (+1) 2

Well I simply do not understand why some people are holding to a political issue over a medical one but it is what it is. I would have thought when Trump got his own shot and then Nugent caught it and admitted it's real but I guess there's no reasoning with some.

The problem is if lots of people don't vaccinate the virus will still float around among the un vaxxed and the more it does that the more chance there is of further mutation and that could F us all. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

I got the one with the microchip.  I don’t need my ear buds to listen to Bluetooth from my phone anymore.  No bad side effects though.

I would take that in an instant. I’m ready to turn into a cyborg. 

Edited by #freejame

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I would take that in an instant. I’m ready to turn into a cyborg. 

Honestly, I’m just glad that I felt well enough to do my 5 mile walk after work today.  11 more days until full protection.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, qwksndmonster said:

only like half of americans vote. a lot of anti vaxxers aren't republicans, they're just regular people who (rightly) don't want to get bogged down in stupid pointless republican/democratic culture wars.

juju is absolutely right, a smarmy doosh like john oliver isn't going to move the needle for anybody that doesn't already agree with him

But,... he is Egg.

23 minutes ago, #freejame said:

The majority of the people I come across who aren't vaccinated aren't doing so is because they think Covid is BS (not to say they don't believe it, they just don't care). Those people tend to be on the right. People on different sides of the aisle have different reasons for being anti-vax. If you are on the left and are anti-vax, it tends to be out of concerns of autism (learn more: http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/). If you are on the right and are anti-vax, it tends to be because of concerns of what is in the vaccine and where the material is sourced from (embryos). A third group has emerged for the vaccine which seems to have looked up the ingredient list and is fearful of the effects of what it will be on their body. I don't fully believe anyone thinks they are going to be microchipped, but maybe I am wrong. 

People really believe that vaccines are made from (I’m assuming) human embryos. Jebus people are ***** dumb.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

But,... he is Egg.

People really believe that vaccines are made from (I’m assuming) human embryos. Jebus people are ***** dumb.

Fetuses, not embryos, and even the Pope, presumably the most anti-abortion person on the planet, said that the ONE vaccine that MIGHT have traces of fetal stem cell research involved, said it's ok.

7 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Fetuses, not embryos, and even the Pope, presumably the most anti-abortion person on the planet, said that the ONE vaccine that MIGHT have traces of fetal stem cell research involved, said it's ok.

Don’t stem cells originate in embryos? Maybe I’m that dumb. 

Edited by #freejame

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They are from willingly donated umbilical chords.

So, yes. Still can’t put that in your body for many groups of people. Just like there are groups of people who won’t take blood transfusions. 

2 minutes ago, #freejame said:

So, yes. Still can’t put that in your body for many groups of people. Just like there are groups of people who won’t take blood transfusions. 

True, but there is a big difference between saying they are from an embryo as opposed to the umbilical cord. We donated my daughters cord to potentially help save lives.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SwampD said:

True, but there is a big difference between saying they are from an embryo as opposed to the umbilical cord. We donated my daughters cord to potentially help save lives.

You are doing it wrong.  You are supposed to state it in the most disrespectful way possible.

10 minutes ago, #freejame said:

There are many anti-vaxx groups for sure. The number 1 variable in getting the COVID 19 vaccine though is different from current information. Hopefully that changes. 

My brother and I Spoke, mom did her first round of Chemo. 3 days of hell for her. We ARE NOT going to be sitting idly by on the sidelines while she fights this battle. Stage 4, lung cancer, yes. We are well aware of the outcome, but she cannot get the vaccine now. So, my brother and I decided a road trip, to COLORADO. New York isn't a holistic friendly state, yet. Close, but not quite there. After speaking with an industry peer who lost his mom to the exact same small cell cancer, we are going to Colorado to get whatever the dispensaries have to give mom a fighting chance for quality of life.

My mom is worth every bit of it. Never a cross word, only love in her heart. We are brewing dandylion roots, we are looking at EVERY known scenario.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

My brother and I Spoke, mom did her first round of Chemo. 3 days of hell for her. We ARE NOT going to be sitting idly by on the sidelines while she fights this battle. Stage 4, lung cancer, yes. We are well aware of the outcome, but she cannot get the vaccine now. So, my brother and I decided a road trip, to COLORADO. New York isn't a holistic friendly state, yet. Close, but not quite there. After speaking with an industry peer who lost his mom to the exact same small cell cancer, we are going to Colorado to get whatever the dispensaries have to give mom a fighting chance for quality of life.

My mom is worth every bit of it. Never a cross word, only love in her heart. We are brewing dandylion roots, we are looking at EVERY known scenario.

***** cancer. Do what you gotta do. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

My heart goes out to you man.  You family sounds great.  Keep doing what feels right for all of you.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Vaccines do not cause autism. I don't me haha that's dumb I mean that person would be an idiot who doesn't understand science. I am not joking this type of rhetoric is the dumbest most ill informed *****.  It not only distorts and destroys what autism is, it also completely debunked trash. Undermining vaccines because someone doesn't understand science doesn't make them a courageous voice but a fool. (just so we are clear I am not yelling at freejamie, but at the anti vaxx movement)

https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/autism-vaccine-link-debunked

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/concerns/autism.html

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02989-9

It will happen. We are rapidly approaching the vaccination threshold which will be around 65% at most. All because of stupidity. 

Click the link next time. 

43 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Massachusetts is closer... Western Mass has plenty... used them when going theu chemo a year and a half ago... TG

• Like (+1) 1