COVID-19

Indabuff

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

The only people I know who are harping on side effects are anti-vaxxers and homeopathy quacks.

My aunt has been a practicing Naturopathic Doctor for 40+ years. She went and got the vaxx because she's not an idiot. Alternative medicine has its limits. 

I had not vaccines and had a mild headache. My lady had both and felt fatigue. Both of us functioned perfectly normal the next day. She took a 2 hour nap post work and was fine. My mom had no side effects. My 2 close friends had no side effects just a little lack of energy one said.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I think it's a mistake to expect problems. Despite stories you hear the data is clear that many people have no to very minor side effects.

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

One in four means that 25 million people have had side effects. That’s not a small number and it’s no wonder why we hear stories.

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

One in four means that 25 million people have had side effects. That’s not a small number and it’s no wonder why we hear stories.

Side effects means anything... literally 

13 hours ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

Why is 6 the magic number?  Why not 8 or 10 or some other number?d

Early on, scientists did some modeling and determined that the virus doesn't survive very well across two meters of air.  I think there is discussion of this in this thread, on some of the early pages.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Side effects means anything... literally 

My brother had a fever of 101 for two days and slept the whole time. Then felt hungover for a couple of days after that.

My eighty 80 yo mom took a nap the next day.

6 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

😳

I considered pulling over when I first felt it but then it never got worse than the initial rush.

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I think it's a mistake to expect problems. Despite stories you hear the data is clear that many people have no to very minor side effects.

Better to arrange it with work and then show up than to leave your employer flat footed, in most cases.

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You have a circle?

He does.  @dudacekhas been preparing the circle for many a moon.  I keep telling him that it won't cleanse the curse that afflicts the Sabres, but still, he persists with the witchcraft.

It's a horrible way to sacrifice a Coffee Crisp.

On 5/1/2021 at 10:02 AM, Eleven said:

Early on, scientists did some modeling and determined that the virus doesn't survive very well across two meters of air.  I think there is discussion of this in this thread, on some of the early pages.

How do you model a brand new virus?  Brand new means not well understood.   You cannot accurately model something you do not understand.  The covid models have all been way off the mark (so are most models but that is another story).

9 minutes ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

How do you model a brand new virus?  Brand new means not well understood.   You cannot accurately model something you do not understand.  The covid models have all been way off the mark (so are most models but that is another story).

You want me to tell you it's okay to ignore all of the science regarding the virus, and I'm not going to.  You can either mask up and stay six feet away from people and take the precautions that the rest of us are taking to try to get the world moving again, or you can just selfishly do whatever you want.  I'm not going to tell you what to do and I'm also not going to provide a platform for politicizing a public health issue that cuts across all ideologies all over the globe.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, qwksndmonster said:

but it is. which is why it clearly has no place on this board.

Interesting, President  Donald J Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, Senators Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio didn’t feel it’s political and received Their Covid Vaccines

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, qwksndmonster said:

but it is. which is why it clearly has no place on this board.

The vaccine is only a political issue to a very small minority who want to make it one.  The rest of the world, liberal, conservative, whatever, seems to be on board with it.

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Interesting, President  Donald J Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, Senators Mitch McConnell, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio didn’t feel it’s political and received Their Covid Vaccines

Exactly.

only like half of americans vote. a lot of anti vaxxers aren't republicans, they're just regular people who (rightly) don't want to get bogged down in stupid pointless republican/democratic culture wars.

juju is absolutely right, a smarmy doosh like john oliver isn't going to move the needle for anybody that doesn't already agree with him

• Haha (+1) 1

So, follow up.  Got my 2nd Pfizer on Friday afternoon.

Friday night I started in with a slight headache.  Relatively minor but persisted all through Saturday and Sunday even with taking Tylenol.  Also felt quite a bit more tired than normal Saturday and to some extent Sunday.  Never developed a fever or any other symptoms, and it didn’t stop me from doing anything I had planned.  I just felt about 75% for a couple days.

Today I feel just about back to normal, 95%.  All in all, it was no big deal.  If you haven’t yet, go get your vaccine!

• Like (+1) 2

lol did my incredibly mild posts get deleted?

clearly i shouldn't have violated the safe space of sabrespace.

like hoss in the buffalo bills thread I should really "keep quiet"

y'know I've had desire to return to the board due to how lonely this last year has been, as I still care for a great many on here. but I couldn't really find a way to without being reminded of how angry I am about what happened on this board when trump got elected. and lol sds or freeman will NEVER apologize for asserting that this board is somehow apolitical rather than blandly conservative.

I could go back to being mister movies and being extra careful to moderate my own thoughts about movies as to not opress others by not letting enjoy things.

really, though, i'm just gonna ***** back off