Detroit at Sabres, 11 February 2020, 7 PM MSG

Marvin

Going to the game in a red, white, and blue tie-dyed turban and wearing a name sticker with "Dh'waengnh".  I liked the Sanskrit letters "dh" and the full-tongued "n" mixed with the Gaelic ae ligature.  It is a fun way to misspell "Duane" as people suggested.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SABRES 0311 said:

You guys don’t get it? If opponents think we suck then they might be more likely to play their backup goalie. Maybe they overlook us and don’t try as hard. It’s all part of the plan. 

5-1 Cerebral Sabres

Oh that's definitely happening, although I don't think Detroit takes anyone lightly, but we haven't faced a team that took us seriously since the allstar break (if not earlier). We've tossed away a bunch of what should have been easy points in this last stretch, so they're not wrong to take us lightly in the least. 

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh that's definitely happening, although I don't think Detroit takes anyone lightly, but we haven't faced a team that took us seriously since the allstar break (if not earlier). We've tossed away a bunch of what should have been easy points in this last stretch, so they're not wrong to take us lightly in the least. 

I try to take it lightly but I am pretty tired of no playoff hockey. How many GMs and coaches does it take to change a lightbulb? Sabres could easily make this an enjoyable game. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

You guys don’t get it? If opponents think we suck then they might be more likely to play their backup goalie. Maybe they overlook us and don’t try as hard. It’s all part of the plan. 

5-1 Cerebral Sabres

don't most teams play their backup against us and still win....and opponents know we suck

44 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Johansson-Lazar-Sheary .... Lazar is a former 1st round pick.  Is there any chance he could grow into the 2C roll, or at least hold it down until Cozens is ready?  Is Johansson at wing where he should have been all along?  And why not stick Skinner on that line, just to see if we can get some offensive production?

Edited by Doohickie

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He did have a featured menu item for a while 

Let me guess....

It was overcooked limp pasty pasta on a cracked dish that was over priced and was only available half the season?

If you where really lucky another patron would trade you a 2c for it ?

Edited by woods-racer

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Butterknives is generous. I'm thinking more like plastic disposable cutlery. 

I recently learned that the way to cut brownies without tearing them up is by using a disposable plastic knife.  (My daughter makes outstanding brownies and we will sometimes bring a plate over to someone's house.)

Separately, if the Sabres get blown out at home by a crappy team again, JB might not last until the trade deadline.  So that's exciting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.