GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Borgen in for Risto

Mittlestadt in for Sobotka 

Risto is sick 

Easiest lineup to face for your 1st game. I hope he has a strong game, giving him some confidence for next year.

I have Nylander so far, hope he gets another point or two. 

Dahlin can get a few against the Sens too.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What the actually ***** are you talking about? ROR is the same, Kane is the same, and Lehner is having a career year he will never repeat. ROR was good before he was traded and is good now. Kane is almost the exact same. Lehner is trash, this is going to end up an outlier. The ROR trade was bad. Lehner WHO CARES! Kane WHO CARES. 

Also he has to play Scandella because why now? We got him from Minnesota. Why isn't ORegan up if players from these trades have to played? That's it. Back to vacation. I can't take the mind warping illogical nonsense

Actually ROR, Kane, or Lehner are not the same.  You make an assumption they are the same, and call Lehner an outlier b/c it fits your narrative.  If you look at the of ROR compared to his last 5 years average he is playing significantly above them (statistically).  23% better in goals, 19% in Assists, and 20% more points.  His takeaways are 28% better and giveaways down 5% (read improved).    He still has 6 more  games to improve all these.  His average +/- @ 23 is in the stratosphere.   Last year the Blues were bested by Vlady T with +15 and he plays zero PK and tons of PP.    So it's factually not true to suggest they are the same player.   All this improvement at the age of 28 by the bye.  

ROR.thumb.JPG.1dccfeeab232b46a372e43aa858045ef.JPG

More of the same from Kane. 32% more goals, 35% more assists (9 more than his last full year with Sabres & 7 games remaining).  His giveaways are up (not much) but takeaways improved significantly.  Even strength goals are way up (that a good think the metric guys like).  +/-  is nothing great but then again San Jose gives up tons of goals. Hell, Joe Pavelski is a minus player on that team.  

Kane.thumb.JPG.0c780c6d296827e69c2aa45a72b98cf9.JPG

The original post you responded to offered a salient point about minutes to players who were JB guys.  Scandella not part of the Blues or SJ trade but a trade nonetheless, (one of which has not been discussed as in-depth as a the others, but seemingly looks to be one JB is on the wrong side of).   I'd rather not have to think about Scandella and his $4M AAV next year  when I have Pilut on an ELC.   

I think you know the reason why O'Reagan is not playing in Buffalo.   But he was given a chance, which is more than we can say for Nylander.  And that fits MY narrative of JB playing his guys over TM's. Or playing Casey when he should have been in Roch developing.     

My last point is that we have ALL been better off without the condescension of a certain poster, so for you to close with a Jame-like remark is just sad.  You didn't appreciate it when it happened to you, and trust me,  we all saw them.  Why perpetuate this behavior?     Be a better person. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.