GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Fishtree said:

What sane reason could there be for not leaving Housley sitting on his own outside the Canadian Tire Centre with his bags at the end of this game?

He needs to finish the season, answer for it and leave.  No sense in replacing him now  

This morning I look at The BN and what do I read?  How about this quote from Phil   

I just thought we played the right way for 60 minutes," Housley lamented. "We had opportunities. We had chances. We just didn’t find the next goal. It’s unfortunate they get that power play in the third there, and I didn’t agree with the goalie interference call. We have to continue to play this way. We’re going to get results if we continue to tighten it up."

Is Phil in complete denial?  Last night was terrible and tonight is worse. 

Edited by Pimlach

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

FWIW, his first three seasons he had 2-6, 4-4 and 3-7 in his last 10 games. Not scintillating by any means but still decent.

Fair enough.

Still interested to see how he finishes this season.

Edited by Thorny

Just now, Pimlach said:

He needs to finish the season, answer for it and leave.  No sense in replacing him now  

Not sure I see the sense in keeping him around either.

Couldn't we just run a competition or something? Instead of the Money Minute, you get a chance to be HC for the night.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Radar said:

Just can't see them not giving him half of next season.

I can see it too if the decision is left to Botts to make. He has to evaluate and throuroghly calculate and think over his next move before making it. Cant make a rash decision firing Housley before they give him some more time to evaluate his system.....

Atleats they are entertaining and improved over last year......

2 minutes ago, freester said:

There is no chance Housley is back next year. I think there is actually a chance Botteril is gone too. 

1 year less than Murray? I'd be shocked.

The only way Housley stays is if on-ice performance doesn't factor heavily into their evaluation of him, for some weird reason.

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

Is it possible that an entire NHL team can forget how to play hockey?

You'd think with the kids --- Nylander, Pilut, Borgen... there'd be more energy and oomph to secure a spot for next year. But no, not really.

Ottawa plays as a team, supports each other to win puck battles, and appears to be playing some sort of system for zone exits and entries... it's...   We're too old. Too old to begin the training.

10 minutes ago, Tondas said:

The lack of heart is disappointing, the lack pride is frustrating, the lack of effort is totally unacceptable.  They have enough talent to be competitive, but they rarely are.  That's on the coach.  Can't go into year 3 with PH.

Don't worry. They will score the next goal, then give up one, then score again and let in an empty netter.

1 minute ago, freester said:

There is no chance Housley is back next year. I think there is actually a chance Botteril is gone too. 

Not to long ago I would have argued with you but not anymore.  They are playing worse than last year, even though we know they have the talent to compete for a playoff spot.  

Poorly coached?  Yes

Missing key pieces? Yes

Lacking internal leadership and accountability?  Yes  

If I am Pegula I’m talking to The Big Q.  If he wants to run the show I would strongly consider it.   Heck, it might be the only defendable move he’s made since he bought the Sabres.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

The only way Housley stays is if on-ice performance doesn't factor heavily into their evaluation of him, for some weird reason.

"He always kept a tidy office at the arena, came in saying Hi to every one in the building and occasionally brought un muffins" will that be enough to keep his job?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Housley - Republican & Christian.  See McDermott, Sean.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.