GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

56 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

We have been scoring challenged and the D has helped improve that to a point, but yes we are "still" challenged. I agree that we need to add some toughness to the D and where that comes from is anybodies guess.

The toughness won't come from anywhere if Botterill is still the guy building the team.

That situation may change shortly.  

Stay tuned.

57 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

The toughness won't come from anywhere if Botterill is still the guy building the team.

That situation may change shortly.  

Stay tuned.

For some reason I think I've seen this re-run before. But I'll continue to check the TV Guide for impending results or a new season episode with the same cast.

4 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

We have been scoring challenged and the D has helped improve that to a point, but yes we are "still" challenged. I agree that we need to add some toughness to the D and where that comes from is anybodies guess.

Hopefully, Jbots has a fruitful off season. I'm not sold on free agents actually wanting to come here right now, because of the mess this franchise has been in. I know some people don't want to hear that, but Antonio Brown was a great example with the Bills franchise (this Sabres franchise is no different right now than the Bills) As you have stated, the playoffs may still be 1 to 2 years away so I cannot see a decent name player making a move here. Skinner is from Southern Ontario and I guess he figured Carolina was going to suck. He was wrong and we'll see if he stays here in the end.

Not sure who they will target or if they'll be successful, so to me, the better option is a difference in philosophy by changing the coach yet again. It's going to be interesting.

4 minutes ago, eman said:

Hopefully, Jbots has a fruitful off season. I'm not sold on free agents actually wanting to come here right now, because of the mess this franchise has been in. I know some people don't want to hear that, but Antonio Brown was a great example with the Bills franchise (this Sabres franchise is no different right now than the Bills) As you have stated, the playoffs may still be 1 to 2 years away so I cannot see a decent name player making a move here. Skinner is from Southern Ontario and I guess he figured Carolina was going to suck. He was wrong and we'll see if he stays here in the end.

Not sure who they will target or if they'll be successful, so to me, the better option is a difference in philosophy by changing the coach yet again. It's going to be interesting.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

If you're an offensive Dman and see PH as coach do you come here? what if Hitchcock is coach?

Do you start re-tooling the roster to fit yet another coaching style or do you continue on and find another coach to fit the system you are trying to deploy.

Experienced coach or promote from within or...?

Players coach ....drill instructor....cheerleader....teacher? or Alumni?

15 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

If you're an offensive Dman and see PH as coach do you come here? what if Hitchcock is coach?

Do you start re-tooling the roster to fit yet another coaching style or do you continue on and find another coach to fit the system you are trying to deploy.

stay tuned, I'm sure it won't be a boring off season anyhow!

19 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

If they fire Housley, the front office really needs to do their homework researching candidates and find the best choice who can work with what they have, not require a whole new group of players to fit their specific system. Unfortunately, most coaches in sports these days have their special systems they must run with specific players to be successful or else they cant make things work.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.