GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

In another thread, I said I’d give Housley until December of next year.  I also said I was unable to evaluate roster vs coaching when determining what the problem was.

Im still there, candidly, regarding my ability.

However, I’ve moved on regarding action.   To “show” like this so often against this caliber of opposition means the coach is missing something or he’s lost the room.   I’m inclined to the latter.  

I am personally sensitive to great performers who lose rooms.  I’ve been there.   It matters not whether it’s the fault of the coach or the players.  The coach goes.   

The circle of life for coaches.  Assumption of risk.  I can, and have, railed all day about it being the takent’s fault.   You don’t fire the talent.  

I know of what I speak.  My heart bleeds for HCPH.   He’s finished.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Neo said:

In another thread, I said I’d give Housley until December of next year.  I also said I was unable to evaluate roster vs coaching when determining what the problem was.

Im still there, candidly, regarding my ability.

However, I’ve moved on regarding action.   To “show” like this so often against this caliber of opposition means the coach is missing something or he’s lost the room.   I’m inclined to the latter.  

I am personally sensitive to great performers who lose rooms.  I’ve been there.   It matters not whether it’s the fault of the coach or the players.  The coach goes.   

The circle of life for coaches.  Assumption of risk.  I can, and have, railed all day about it being the takent’s fault.   You don’t fire the talent.  

I know of what I speak.  My heart bleeds for HCPH.   He’s finished.  

Welcome aboard.  Phil may not be the whole problem but you nailed it.  You can’t fire all the players.  

My fear -  The core of this team (Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen) might actually be Coach Killers.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

Welcome aboard.  Phil may not be the whole problem but you nailed it.  You can’t fire all the players.  

My fear -  The core of this team (Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen) might actually be Coach Killers.  

Like McDavid?

9 minutes ago, freester said:

I think they might bring in an experienced GM and make him a hockey Czar and essentially make Botteril the Overdorf (cap and contracts) guy for the team. Then have the Czar hire a new coach. 

Randy Sexton has been GM of two teams and turned down the Senators for their Director of Hockey Ops Position, promote him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.