GDT Montreal at Buffalo Sabres 7pm ET 10-25-2018

jsb

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Great job tonight from everyone, solid team win.  

Hutton had an off night but they had his back.

Haven't seen this consistentency in years.  The last three games they just keep coming, keep pushing.  You can tell by the looks on their faces that they know they're never out of it.   Great to see finally.

This was my biggest takeaway. A Sabres goalie had an off night, but actually got goal support.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I've been here since January 2012. The Sabres have never had a record, or feeling about them, like this, in that entire time. I'm excited for THIS place and YOU people as much as I am for the team. 

Just wait.  When they're winning it gets even better.

On that note, looks like we have ourselves a hockey team again, pending some ridiculous Buffalo-esque breakdown.

They look really, really good.  I mean, wildcard team good.  

Was this what HCPH was trying to do all along, and JBotts got him the right combination of doodz to do it with?  I LOVE the style of play.  They're on the verge of making HCPH look brilliant with the system.

We have two capable goalies.  We still have toys to play with down in Rochester.  And we have 3 first round picks at the end of the season (right?  Or did I miss a memo somewhere?).  W.T.F.

Secondary scoring.  A fundamentally legit fourth line.  Each line has guys going to the net.  Bogo is playing, like, really well (for Bogo).  55 and 19 seem...intimidating as a pairing.

I'm even enjoying the extended post-game show.

I am so happy to have good Sabre hockey back.  

58 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Surprised that Dahlin doesn't get more kudos here. Maybe because he makes so many nifty passes look so easy, but he's tremendous. Even the little pass on the Okposo winner was terrific. He's unbelievable and he's just starting. 

Huh?

People rave about Dahlin regularly around here.

56 minutes ago, hockeyhound said:

Wow, starting to believe in this team again.

They're playin hockey!

Montreal got a dose of their own medicine.

After listening to NHL Tonight prior to the game you would've thought Montreal was going to embarrass the Sabres. "Montreal is just too fast... Their pressure game is just too much for teams to handle...on and on and on."

Let's Go Buffalo!

I'd love to watch the clip of that. 

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Well, for example, this is a 20 page thread and there was barely a mention of him at all, and he had a very good game including a great pass on the game winner.

Probably because the entire team was pretty good, but his pass was mentioned by few posters, though didn't impress me to much.

VERY nice to see them give Hutton the support he needed on a day he wasn't on his A game.

Eichel had a very strong game even though he didn't have a single point.  Really liking Skinner's game with both Jack & Pominville.  (Did not see that one coming.)  But still believe that Jack & Jeff would be better w/ Reinhart on their wing.  LT, that could still be the plan.  The role Pominville is playing on that line is the stuff that Reinhart typically does well.

Hopefully Reinhart will start upping his point pace towards the 0.75/ that we need from him now that the seal has been broken.

Mittelstadt keeps playing well.  The seal will get broken soon.

For the most part, liked the play of the D today.

Andif they continue at this pace, they will make the playoffs.  Much better start than I'd expected to start the year (12 points actual vs 9 points expected).

But FAR & AWAY the coolest part about this start is, & though some expected them to play well there is NO WAY ANYONE expected this, they have not surrendered a single lead through 10 games.  They haven't only never trailed after leading, they've never given up an equalizer.  THAT is impressive.  Even moreso than coming back from 2 down on the road & tying up Moe-ray-all 3 separate times.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, hockeyhound said:

The chemistry is there

I was thinking about this.  It isn't just the chemistry of the forward lines. There's chemistry among all the Sabres on the ice, most of the time.  Look at McCabe on a breakaway, and in deep, setting up Reinhart's goal.  This is whole team chemistry, the likes of which I can't remember on the Sabres, like... ever.

26 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Well, for example, this is a 20 page thread and there was barely a mention of him at all, and he had a very good game including a great pass on the game winner.

That's a good thing.  D typically only get mentioned in the GDTs when they #### something up.  ;)

There probably could be more mentioned about him specifically in this thread, but there is talk about him literally all day every day on this site.  He's going to be really special & we are aware of that.

Rodrigues could've had more said about his play today, too. ;)

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Every game Mitts plays is his best game of the season.  He is improving game-on-game.

Very glad they kept him up for the road trip even though he was looking a bit lost during that 1st homestand.

Though he only has a point or 2 on this win streak, he's been a legit contributor to it.  He's back checked MUCH better than I'd expected at this point.

Also.

1. Hope those Habs fans that invaded the barn are enjoying their long ride back home. 

2. Hope the STH’s are ashamed of selling their tickets instead of watching a competitive team win in a great game. Please stop trying to help give TOR and MTL “home” advantage in these games. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 2

That was another win of the sort that a team gets when it has heart.  

I thought Berglund had his best game as a Sabre. His line is the best classic checking line I can remember the Sabres having in a long time.

For that matter all 4 lines seem to be clicking pretty well. 

I thought Nelson was kinda shaky.  I think we’ll se Beaulieu next game.  Scandy also sub-par tonight.

I also thought Mitts was not great on the PP, which led to KO getting his spot on that last one.  

Excellent game from McCabe and another solid one from Bogo.

Columbus will be a step up in class — let’s see if they do better than they did against Vegas and SJ.

Go Sabres.

• Like (+1) 2

Mitts played decent, but needs to be harder along the boards, that will come with time... OK has been coming on lately, so why not, he played well.  Pommer is such a solid add to the top line.  He has changed his game and is more a grinder... spending time on the forecheck line did him some good early.  GO SABRES.  The long shots beating Hutton have become a thing, I hope he figures it out.  Overall though, great way to hang in there and a non hurt Bogo brings such stability to the back end and gives Risto a break... really nice to see.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

The better half picked up tickets for my birthday present to the Sabres game on the 16th. First game of the year for me. Can't wait for those $10.50 beer...she's driving too!

Mine picked up tickets for me and my oldest to see the Strangers against the Sabres in the Garden in November.... lol to your 10.50 beers...

Boring hockey game and the lower seats visible on TV were a mix of red Habs sweaters and empty seats.  LOL.

But another 2 points are another 2 points.  Has this team finally turned the corner?  

Edited by Kruppstahl

5 hours ago, Ducky said:

The better half picked up tickets for my birthday present to the Sabres game on the 16th. First game of the year for me. Can't wait for those $10.50 beer...she's driving too!

My oldest was there, her 3rd game of the season. She's going next week to. This is the one that was offered a scholarship to NU for women's hockey........

FB_IMG_1540550922922.jpg

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.